Saturday, April 13, 2019

Hits 1 Weekend Countdown, Week of April 13, 2019 Jonas Brothers (3)

So it's good that I was able to get this out on Saturday along with my late Top 40 post. Anyways, a very crazy week, huge jumps, drops, and a couple debuts on both the countdown and HitBound.
Dropouts:

  • Meghan Trainor- All The Ways (#39) [#23]
  • LSD/Lil' Wayne- Genius (Remix) (#40) [#35]
  • Madison Beer/Offset- Hurts Like Hell (#41) [#36]
  • Charlie Puth- The Way I Am (#44) [#4]
  • Bebe Rexha- I'm A Mess (#45) [#3]
The Countdown
Last Week's #1: Jonas Brothers- Sucker (2nd week)

45. Khalid/Normani- Love Lies (#43; -2) [#2]
44. Imagine Dragons- Natural (#42; -2) [#1, 1 week]
43. Post Malone/Swae Lee- Sunflower (#20; -23) [#11]
42. Maren Morris- GIRL (#35; -7) [#27]
41. Cardi B/Bruno Mars- Please Me (#38; -3) [#15]
40. FLETCHER- Undrunk (DEBUT) [#40]
39. grandson- apologize (#31; -8) [#25]
38. Ariana Grande- thank u, next (#37; -1) [#5]
37. 5 Seconds Of Summer- Youngblood (#33; -4) [#1, 5 weeks]
36. Anne-Marie- 2002 (#28; -8) [#3]
35. Jake Miller- Wait For You (#26; -9) [#26]
34. Kelsea Ballerini- Miss Me More (#25; -9) [#17]
33. Benny Blanco/Halsey/Khalid- Eastside (#14; -19) [#6]
32. Marshmello/CHVRCHES- Here With Me (DEBUT) [#32]
31. Ciara- Thinking 'Bout You (DEBUT) [#31]
30. Austin Brown- In Betweenin' (#22; -8) [#22]
29. Lil Peep/iLoveMakonnen/Fall Out Boy- I've Been Waiting (#29; =) [#22]
28. Arvil Lavinge/Nicki Minaj- Dumb Blonde (DEBUT) [#28]
27. Lizzo- Juice (#34; +7) [#27] *New Peak*
26. Dan + Shay- Tequila (#12; -14) [#7]
25. Ariana Grande- break up with your girlfriend, i'm bored (DEBUT) [#25]
24. YUNGBLUD/Halsey/Travis Barker- 11 Minutes (#27; +3) [#23]
23. Post Malone- Wow. (#36; +13) [#23] *New Peak*
22. P!NK- Walk Me Home (#23; +1) [#22] *New Peak*
21. Ally Brooke/Tyga- Low Key (#32; +11) [#21] *New Peak*
20. TWENTY ØNE PILØTS- Chlorine (#19; -1) [#11]
19. Bebe Rexha- Last Hurrah (#30; +11) [#19] *New Peak*
18. Dean Lewis- Be Alright (#15; -3) [#7]
17. Khalid- Better (#24; +7) [#17] *New Peak*
16. Imagine Dragons- Bad Liar (#8; -8) [#8]
15. Ariana Grande- 7 Rings (#11; -4) [#4]
14. Lady Gaga/Bradley Cooper- Shallow (#17; +3) [#14] *New Peak*
13. Lauv/Troye Sivan- i'm so tired... (#16; +3) [#13] *New Peak*
12. Dan + Shay- Speechless (#21; +9) [#12] *New Peak*
11. Sam Smith/Normani- Dancing With A Stranger (#18; +7) [#11]
10. Panic! At The Disco- High Hopes (#13; +3) [#1, 8 weeks]
9. The Chainsmokers/Kelsea Ballerini- This Feeling (#7; -2) [#1, 7 weeks]
8. Alec Benjamin- Let Me Down Slowly (#4; -4) [#4]
7. Ellie Goulding/Diplo/Swae Lee- Close To Me (#9; +2) [#7]
6. Marshmello/BΔSTILLE- Happier (#10; +4) [#1, 2 weeks]
5. Halsey- Without Me (#6; +1) [#1, 5 weeks]
4. The Chainsmokers/5 Seconds Of Summer- Who Do You Love (#3; -1) [#3]
3. Ava Max- Sweet But Psycho (#2; -1) [#2]
2. Panic! At The Disco- Hey Look Ma, I Made It (#5; +3) [#1, 3 weeks]
1. Jonas Brothers- Sucker (#1; =) [#1, 3rd week]

Biggest Jump- Post Malone- Wow. (+13)

Biggest DROP!- Post Malone/Swae Lee- Sunflower (-23)

#1 Song This Week One Year Ago- Zedd/Maren Morris/Grey- The Middle (6th/9 weeks)

New Entrants
~First up is Undrunk. If I'm being honest here, I don't like the song. It's a huge snoozefest for me. Sure, she might sound good, but that production is not really doing it for me. Hopefully, it hits 22 and leaves because I'm not buying into this one.

~Next is Here With Me. So they have another Marshmello song on here. This song production-wise is better than Happier. Though I gotta say the vocals are good but are a little underwhelming because Happier has better vocals. However, this song as a whole is better probably because the radio decided to murder this song. Sadly, this won't do as good as its former.

~At 31 we have Thinking 'Bout You. This song is good and I like her voice. Her saying "Thinking 'Bout You" gets annoying. Also, her voice is somewhat annoying after awhile. It's a song I can deal with, but don't really want to listen to it. I'm calling a flop for this song. Also, Level Up is better than this.

~Next at 28 is Dumb Blonde. I'm surprised it debuted before other songs like bury a friend and Dancing's Not A Crime. Anyways, the song is good. I like both people and their vocals. However, it kind of fading already on me. I mean, it was on My Top 40, but never really got anywhere. So yeah, it's good, but not the best.

~Finally we have break up with your girlfriend, i'm bored. I'm pretty shocked she released it for radio that quickly. The rise of this probably murdered 7 Rings momentum and further murdered thank u, next's already downward spiral. Anyways, the song is nice. I like everything. This could fade since I first listened to it when it first came out. Hopefully, this comes to Top 10, but nothing further.

Best Debut Of The Week: Ariana Grande- break up with your girlfriend, i'm bored (Here With Me came close, but as a right now preference, this is better by a little bit).

Thinking 'Bout Blurbs
~I'll start off by saying Post Malone has the biggest jump and drop. I mean good for Wow., but for Sunflower, man I thought it would last longer. Also, it might've taken the biggest drop of the year so far.

~Seems like Let Me Down Slowly is going to spiral off the list because it took its final rebound unless it's going to be like High Hopes and just keep rebounding.

~Thank god Tequila dropped, this song has to leave. However, its predecessor and better one, Speechless is trying to push through to Top 10.

~I see Bad Liar took a tumble out of the Top 10, which probably means the end of its time here. Let's face it they're trying to push like Natural, but it's not going to work.

~All debuts go up a bit which is good for the most part. Eastside and apologize are probably going soon. This sucks because I really liked the latter for some time recently and the former, I could care less.

~Just calculated and I believe the average drop rate was about -6.4. Wow, that's concerning for all the songs that dropped.

~As far as exits go, Genius and Hurts Like Hell got screwed easily, The Way I Am and I'm A Mess were overdue, and All The Ways was just very bad and weak. So yeah I mean in general all these dropouts were either good or bad.

HitBound
  • Ava Max- So Am I
  • MAX/Quinn XCII- Love Me Less
  • Lil Nas X/Billy Ray Cyrus- Old Town Road (DEBUT)
  • Jennifer Lopez/French Montana- Medicine (DEBUT)
  • NOTD/Felix Jaehn/Captain Cuts/Georgia Ku- So Close
  • Jordan McGraw- FLEXIBLE
  • The Chainsmokers- Kills You Slowly (DEBUT)
  • Kygo/Valerie Broussard- Think About You
  • Jonas Brothers- Cool
  • Alec Benjamin- If We Have Each Other (DEBUT)
  • Billie Eilish- bury a friend
  • Panic! At The Disco- Dancing's Not A Crime
  • Louis Tomilson- Two Of Us
  • BTS/Halsey- Boy With Luv (DEBUT)
  • lovelytheband- maybe, i'm afraid
New Trainees
~First up is Old Town Road. This song is really good as it's grown on me a lot. Both sound really good and I like the production.

~For these I'll give a summary and then go further when it debuts.

~Medicine is some random song that I heard. Everything is good and is a huge step up from that crappy Limitless.

~Kills You Slowly is very mellow, but I like that Andrew tries to use a higher tone of voice. Overall, the production is nice too.

~If We Have Each Other is good too, but I heard like twice so I can't say much. It's more upbeat than anything. However, It's more of a quicker song than a melodic song like Let Me Down Slowly.

~Boy With Luv is ok. It's Korean so I can't say lyrical-wise. Their voices are okay, but Halsey has nothing to do with this song so she's pointless here.

Predictions (Subject To Change)
Dropouts:
  • grandson- apologize (#39) [#25]
Debuts:
  • Billie Eilish- bury a friend (#31)
Next Week's #45: Khalid/Normani- Love Lies (#45) [#2]
Next Week's #1: Jonas Brothers- Sucker (#1) [#1, 4th week]

Biggest Jump- FLECTHER- Undrunk and Ariana Grande- break up with your girlfriend, i'm bored (+12)
Biggest DROP!- Khalid- Better (-16)

HitBound Entrants:
  • Bazzi- Paradise
  • Billie Eilish- Bad Guy
  • Alessia Cara- Out Of Love
HitBound Exits:
  • NONE
Throwback Pick Of The Week- Edward Maya/Vika Jigulina- Stereo Love (2009)

Most Missed Countdown Song- Avicii/Aloe Blacc- Wake Me Up

Most Missed HitBound Dropout- Cash Cash- Surrender

#1 Recommendation For Hits 1- Avicii/Aloe Blacc- SOS

Favorite Song This Week One Year Ago- Hailee Steinfeld/Alesso/Florida Georgia Line/watt- Let Me Go (#3)

My Bottom 5 Countdown Picks
1. Dan + Shay- Tequila
2. Lizzo- Juice
3. Halsey- Without Me
4. Anne-Marie- 2002
5. FLETCHER- Undrunk

My Top 5 Countdown Picks
1. Jonas Brothers- Sucker
2. The Chainsmokers/5 Seconds Of Summer- Who Do You Love
3. Ellie Goulding/Diplo/Swae Lee- Close To Me
4. Ariana Grande- break up with your girlfriend, i'm bored
5. Lil Peep/iLove Makonnen/Fall Out Boy- I've Been Waiting

No comments:

Post a Comment