Friday, December 6, 2019

Top 25 Worst Songs of 2019

Hello guys and today I'll be going over the worst-hit songs of 2019! Now before we begin there are a few requirements:

  • YE is primary (Meaning I looked over Year-End songs and thought about them more)
  • A peak higher than 50 on the Billboard Hot 100
  • 15 or more weeks on Billboard
  • If you debut on Hits 1 and don't meet these requirements you are in nevertheless
So there you go, the simple requirements for this (Sorry Earth doesn't meet these). We have quite a lot to go through, the majority of it being crappy pop or rap music so it'll be fun at some points. Remember this is subjective so it's ok if you don't agree with a good number of these. Anyways, let's get started!

So this year there's been a good amount of hit music, but one thing that we haven't seen is soundtrack songs. Now normally they aren't really that good overall, but some can be good. However, this song doesn't help this case. This a weird collaboration that somehow was able to get much attention to hit #1 on Billboard. Sure it was a week but still what?!

25. Lady Gaga/Bradley Cooper- Shallow
Ok before most of you attack me, let me get one thing straight. This song doesn't work for me at all and this chemistry is weird. Lady Gaga's voice is not the best here and it feels like she didn't try to work so hard. Another is Bradley Cooper. Now I know he's normally not a singer, but I could see him being one somehow. He did okay here but what backed him up, the production, just sucked. I mean c'mon it's just guitars majority of the song and I don't like that. The worst part of the song, the bridge. Aah,Aah,Aah,AaAaAaAOooHHohhh. Give me a break, Gaga.

Ok, so this song is our first song from the Hits 1 aspect of things and god is this just forgettable and simple.

24. Meghan Trainor- All The Ways
Ah yes, we love a very simple and forgettable to tell people, hey I still exist. Like c'mon Meghan doesn't even try, the song sounds unfinished as it's just the same sounds going on. There's really no exciting part here, and the lyrics are very childish and it's just, I don't know. Overall, this song is really bad and obviously Meghan's song prior, NO EXCUSES, didn't live up to this song, because of this a HUGE excuse.

Imagine boring, unoriginal trap songs.

23. Lil Baby- Close Friends
Well, this sucks. The trap beat is super basic and Lil Baby either sucks at acting or must be not a normally sad person. I mean the lyrics can feel very deep using someone else's voice besides Lil Baby's. I mean, he just freestyles after the chorus, then after that another chorus and the rest of the song is blah. The production stays the same throughout which doesn't help his case. The most thing that infuriated me, the chart I mean how many times do you need to re-enter, dropout, re-enter, dropout, like c'mon people, move on!

Well, this song isn't any better especially since it talks about plates.

22. Yo Gotti/Lil Baby- Put A Date On It
This song sucks as well. Hell, I don't even what Yo Gotti is talking beside plates. Hell, the production just sucks and Lil Baby doesn't help. I mean I don't even remember this song and like Close Friends, the way it just kept rebounding and dropping randomly was quite annoying. The song overall is bad and I don't have an appeal to it.

Okay so this year I good few lowkey rap acts blew up, some like Lil Nas X, Lil Tecca, and DaBaby were quite mainstream now, but they had actual good songs, this on the other hand...

21. City Girls- Act Up
Just from the beginning, I can tell this song is going to be bad. The production is just not that good and really hurts my ears like a lot. The vocals are really as they put no effort into this. They sound like they're practically talking. Half of the song is "Act Up, or you can get snatched up". Like yes, we understand, but we don't care. After all, Twerk was bad so I didn't expect much from this.

Remember Lucid Dreams, yeah that was lowkey good. However, the guy follows up with a few amounts of bad songs, this in particular SUCKED.

20. Juice Wrld- Armed and Dangerous
To be honest this song was pretty decent at first but it doesn't age well. Especially that chorus like man, he basically saying that he's just gonna shoot up a party. Hell, this song is a whole flex anthem in the sake for himself. The beat lowkey slaps, but Juice himself just ruins the freaking song and that's what I hate about, all Juice though those flutes in the production can get on my nerves.

We got another song that's true nothingness. There's nothing to it and for an artist who's built up an impressive legacy but this song, from a soundtrack, just crapped all over it.

19. Jennifer Lopez- Limitless
Yeah, so this just blows. I mean she has no personality in her voice. She sounds so normal it's annoying. I mean and listen to that production, empty it's so amazing. The lyrics oh man I can even hear them and they're so cliche it's great. I mean this song has no personality whatsoever and that makes this whole thing suck. There's no hook and if there is one then I guess you can't single it out. No building up beside the "Look at me now I'm limitless". Well, I'm sorry the only thing limitless here is how much this song sucks that's for sure.

Another big-ish rap act that was introduced was Megan Thee Stallion. Well, her songs weren't the best and you'd think with this person as a feature it would make the song better than before, but guess not.

18. Megan Thee Stallion/DaBaby- Cash Shit
So this song is boring overall. I mean, Megan just doesn't try here and that's a let down because Big Ole Freak was a bit because of her voice, but not by much. The production is very basic to me at least. And DaBaby, well, he redeems the song a bit, but the beat still ruins so yeah this song is really bad and that's not surprising especially coming from Megan.

So on Billboard, there would just random songs that would linger into the top half due to either weak competition or probably in this instance, the feature on it. Well, sometimes the feature already butchers a song that you've butchered making it perfectly bad, and hey it went recurrent out of all things, but it's quite forgettable.

17. Pardison Fontaine/Cardi B- Backin' It Up
Well to start, I do not whatsoever like Pardison's voice. He sounds like he's a speech and I don't hear the slightest melody in his voice. Then there's the crappy and clunky beat throughout the song that just throws my brain off. The chorus is simple and then here comes Cardi B. Well hear voice doesn't fit with the beat and I'm serious. Her flow doesn't match the beat and that's a huge mistake. Now unless it's purposely (we'll get to that later later) then I'll go off but it's probably not intentional so I'll let it go.

The "comeback" for Selena Gomez was not the best whatsoever.

16. Selena Gomez- Look At Her Now
We love a choppy, crappy "dance" hit, don't we? I mean you're lucky Purple Hat didn't debut (this song will likely appear next year) because that would be up there. Anyways, what is this song? This song is big song for Selena's self-esteem because Lose You To Love Me apparently wasn't enough for her. I mean god, that beat is awful and she doesn't try with her voice. And DO NOT get me started with the "Mm-Mm-Mm-Mm".

Imagine yelling during your chorus thinking your 6ix9ine? Ha, could never.

15. Cardi B- Press
This song just sucks, especially since I Like It was an outstanding song. Well, the whole chorus just consists of screaming "Press". The production is terrible like my god. Everything else is just bad I don't even know how to explain this song, to be honest. It's more so the basis for a good song is gone and missing so yeah.

This song just kept re-entering and just met the 15-week requirement and hey look, Cardi's here as well too.

14. DJ Khaled/Cardi B/21 Savage- Wish Wish
Omg, Omg, Omg just end me here. Seriously, what is this song? You got DJ Khaled with his mediocre production which tends to be consistent with him. Cardi B just calls out "hoes" saying they're "cold-like fish sticks" and if "she had a dick, they couldn't get her hard". That's what songwriting is am I right, like c'mon. Then there's 21 Savage with his depressing voice, but I can actually hear words saying something about how "she got crazy hair like a Kanye tweet". See, I don't get that reference so I don't know what he's saying there. Anyways, the song is absolute crap and I'm glad it made it on here.

So if you know, I've never enjoyed Taylor Swift. All of her songs have either been ruined by radio and mediocre or just straight-up bad. Well, this doesn't help her case.

13. Taylor Swift- You Need To Calm Down
Where do I start? I mean the bumpy beat is just super freaking annoying, no one likes it. Like it's really crap and a majority of her songs suck mostly because of the production. I don't know who does this but I mean please have some solid production for once! Her voice just sucks too and the lyrics oh boy do they get a bit political. And the chorus, oh god the "Uh Oh, Uh Oh, Uh Oh, Uh OOOOOOOOOAAAA" is super grating and puts in the final nail in Taylor's coffin, hopefully, this is either the last time Taylor gets a good chart run or makes a bad song.

Country has never been my jam though a select few have been really good, other than that, it's really decent and mediocre. Well, this song doesn't help and hell it had a good chance of making 2 years in a row (yes there is one song on here from last year because it's THAT bad).

12. Dan + Shay- Tequila
I'd never thought I fall asleep to a bad song. There is nothing interesting about this song. The personality, gone. You have the vocals which are just decent and if anything it sounds more acapella because...the production is non-existent and boring to the point it's super annoying. I just don't understand an appeal to this crappy song hell if you think about they landed every song from them on the Billboard YE. I don't know how these guys did it because two of these three are mediocre or below.

Ah yes, a random Hits 1 song that got no traction anywhere and still is complete garbage.

11. Andy Grammer- Don't Give Up On Me
I wonder if any of these know what personality is. This song has nothing to it. His voice is very grating, the production is very empty and it makes the song lifeless. I mean the lyrics and very basic for a love song, and it just makes this song suck even more. I wish Andy Grammer released good music like he did in 2015 and 2016, not this crap.

I love campfire songs.

10. Imagine Dragons- Machine
Your ears must be some troopers to survive this song. Don't we love Dan's screaming, it's just great? I find this really disappointing of a song, but hey whatever Hits 1 wants am I right? If I'm being I don't understand the meaning of the song. It literally is you turning up your earbuds' volume all the way up to hear Dan softly singing the verses and then your eardrums explode in a matter of seconds because he starts screaming as if there is an ax murderer behind him. Whatever, good thing I'm over with this song.

I love screeching for a British man.

9. Kelsy Karter- Harry
I don't think Harry Styles would enjoy this song, but hey you do you. Anyways, her voice is very grating especially that chorus like always. This is why this song is hated so much among the blogging community. I don't know what she was aiming for here, but I guess a shitty song the guy you want won't even like will work. Let's be honest here, there is nothing beneficial coming out of this song. It's some random person I don't know fangirling about someone younger than her for no apparent reason. Also, why would you think to then put out for people to listen to? You must be on some major acid or something because I can't comprehend the high she was one whilst making this.

I love trying to find your mom.

8. AJR- Dear Winter
Look at that, more crappy AJR. Let's be honest it's just a ukelele for the production which is already a minus for the song. Then, you have AJR with their genius minds to talk about a season on how it "goes to school". But what I love is "I have to find your mom". This a very crappy, out of context song that was put out for our already pleading ears why? Insult to injury? Must be so.

Well, we had a huge breakout artist this year by the name of Billie Eilish. Her songs for me are a hit or miss and I'll tell you some songs really miss like to the point where it's sad. Her more so mainstream hits are my favorite but then there's this song that is just disappointing.

7. Billie Eilish- when the party's over
Well, this is depressing, literally. I hate that this song is sad and depressing because there is so much potential for this song. I can't do with the dragged out production, her depressed voice, and just everything. The echoes/melodies are super grating and I can't get through a whole song of this it just sucks. At least this wasn't the song that blew her up.

More disappointments from Cardi B, man this wasn't her year.

6. Cardi B- Money
Yikes man, this is trash. The stupid production in the back ruins her rap, which is bad enough. I mean c'mon is there anything other to talk about besides flexing and crap look try something new, expand your freaking horizons. Go do another collab with Bruno and make a song the common people will like because Please Me didn't please many of them. Anyways, yeah this song is bad overall especially that "Money" in the background all. the freakin. time.

Well, this next song appeared one last year's worst of 2018 because that's when it blew up and longevity helped last into this year. At least it's a spot lower but still crappy.

5. Sheck Wes- Mo Bamba
I GOT HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Well, we a select few disappointing #1's this year. From You Need To Calm Down to Beautiful People on Hits 1. We had Shallow to this song on Billboard.

4. Lewis Capaldi- Someone You Loved
Who let Fetty Wap have a #1 hit on Billboard? Wait, that's not Fetty? Dude, it's the same voice as him. Huh? Who the hell is this guy? In all seriousness, what the freak. This is a shitty ballad with nothing too it. The production sucks and his voice is grating to hell and back. The "And IiIiIiIiIiIi is freaking annoying and ruins this song as a whole." Hell, this song will likely last into next week so look who's going to be that #1 song that comes twice.

 Bruno Mars has been going downhill, I still think Gucci Mane and Meek Mill are the same people somehow even though they don't look alike at all. Finally, Kodak Black really messed up Zeze's hype with this because Zeze was really great. Put them all together and get this song.

3. Gucci Mane/Bruno Mars/Kodak Black- Wake Up In The Sky
Man, this song gets me in the beginning. Bruno starts off with his melodic voice which is nice and then, boom. He totally messes the hype and pisses me off not even 15 seconds into the song, Then, Gucci comes in and everything goes as he raps about...I don't even remember oh and then there's Kodak who really does nothing, to be honest, but he's a big mood in the music when they're all standing there and Bruno's singing. But yeah Kodak just there for no reason so yeah, the song sucks.

I really forgot how much an influence TikTok has on Billboard. Old Town Road breaks the record. Truth Hurts, a song from 2017 somehow hits #1 for 7-8 weeks, Ran$om peaks at #4, ROXANNE is at #5, Blanco Brown got widely popular off The Git Up and yeah that's a lot. All this guy got was a peak of #9 for one week.

2. Blueface- Thotiana
Ah yes, this song. To be honest, I forgot this song existed. Welp, who cares it's crap anyway. I mean look at it, he raps offbeat which gets annoying. Sure it's his "style" of rapping, but c'mon. It also sounds like he's just speaking, not rapping. I can't believe this guy makes money off of talking for 3-4 minutes. Anyone could do that and that pisses me off. Plus, the production is already crappy enough to the point when I viewed the tiktok trends of it, I hated the song then too so I swear that this song was always bad from the start.

Before we get to our #1, let's see some of our dishonorable mentions.

DHM1. Miley Cyrus- Mother's Daughter
Man this song just blows. She sounds really bad and that production just sucks ass.

DHM2. Morgan Wallen- Whiskey Glasses
Lifeless song, that is very generic lyric-wise for a country song.

DHM3. Juice Wrld- Robbery
I hate his voice and that's the main reason this song sucks.

DHM4. Halsey- Without Me
Yep, got out of it this time. I think I grew into the production a bit, but nevertheless, it's still bad.

DHM5. Chris Brown/Drake- No Guidance
The song isn't the best here. Chris sucks and doesn't need another hit and Drake is very mediocre.

DHM6. YNW Melly- Murder On My Mind
Man, this song got really annoying. That third verse just blows if that what it is. I mean everything is just more disappointing than anything

DHM7. Florida Georgia Line- Talk You Out Of It
Another lifeless, country song. They don't do their best here and that sucks because you saw their last hit, right?

DHM8. City Girls/Cardi B- Twerk
Yeah, I don't like this song. I don't understand what's good about it, I mean it's just aggravating because half of the song is "Twerk".

DHM9. Camila Cabello- Shameless
Yeah, an excuse for Camila here. I mean her voice just sucks and the barren production doesn't help.

DHM10. Dustin Lynch- Good Girl
Yeah no, please go away. I don't think we're making Ridin' Roads a hit either, right? I mean there's nothing to this song here.

DHM11. Sech/Darell/Nicky Jam/Ozuna/Anuel Aa- Otro Trago
Te Bote 2.0, but not as bad, but doesn't say much.

This isn't a song.
1. Pinkfong- Baby Shark
Ok, seriously Billboard?! I'm not going to ponder on this for too long, but still. This entrant was random for you guys and it was to hop on this random trend. Let's be honest, what good did it do? This song is beyond annoying you don't even know. It pisses me off so much that Billboard let this go. I mean that #101 could've done much more than this shit. I will always hate this song with a freaking, burning passion. It's an embarrassment that this song had to be on our charts, to begin with. Yes, it's a little kid song, not a song that should be peaking higher than majority of the songs on this. I hate this song and it'll suck until I die.

Anyways...that wraps up the worst of 2019 for me, I hoped you guys enjoyed this because I'm exhausted from this. Be on the lookout for more Year-End charts!

3 comments:

  1. “Ok before most of you attack me, let me get one thing straight. This song doesn't work for me at all and this chemistry is weird. Lady Gaga's voice is not the best here and it feels like she didn't try to work so hard. Another is Bradley Cooper. Now I know he's normally not a singer, but I could see him being one somehow. He did okay here but what backed him up, the production, just sucked. I mean c'mon it's just guitars majority of the song and I don't like that. The worst part of the song, the bridge. Aah,Aah,Aah,AaAaAaAOooHHohhh. Give me a break, Gaga.”

    Of course it is the best song yet and my mom Debbie loves that song the bridge is the best part of the song.

    ReplyDelete
  2. “Ah yes, we love a very simple and forgettable to tell people, hey I still exist. Like c'mon Meghan doesn't even try, the song sounds unfinished as it's just the same sounds going on. There's really no exciting part here, and the lyrics are very childish and it's just, I don't know. Overall, this song is really bad and obviously Meghan's song prior, NO EXCUSES, didn't live up to this song, because of this a HUGE excuse.“

    Agreed

    ReplyDelete
  3. “I'd never thought I fall asleep to a bad song. There is nothing interesting about this song. The personality, gone. You have the vocals which are just decent and if anything it sounds more acapella because...the production is non-existent and boring to the point it's super annoying. I just don't understand an appeal to this crappy song hell if you think about they landed every song from them on the Billboard YE. I don't know how these guys did it because two of these three are mediocre or below.”

    Of course it is not a bad song at all I love Dan + Shay’s vocals and they are so freaking awesome.

    ReplyDelete