Saturday, August 8, 2020

Hits 1 Weekend Countdown, Week of August 8, 2020 Harry Styles (7)

Hello and welcome back to an on-time post! I don't want to get too far in, but my rankdown is officially closer after someone sends me a list, so if you want to participate, let me know otherwise, you have to beat said person to it.

Dropouts:

  • Surfaces- Sunday Best (#6) [#6]
  • Marshmello/Halsey- Be Kind (#11) [#6]
  • Meghan Thee Stallion/Beyonce- Savage (Remix) (#12) [#10]
  • Niall Horan- No Judgement (#14) [#1, 1 week]
  • Lil Mosey- Blueberry Faygo (#19) [#18]
  • Powfu/beabadoobee- death bed (#21) [#13]
  • Black Eyed Peas/Ozuna/J. Rey Soul- MAMACITA (#28) [#28]
The Countdown
Last Week's #1: Harry Styles- Watermelon Sugar (6th week)

30. Dan + Shay- I Should Probably Go To Bed (DEBUT) [#30]
29. Jackson Wang- 100 Ways (#30; +1) [#27]
28. Billie Eilish- my future (DEBUT) [#28]
27. Ananya Birla- Let There Be Love (#29; +2) [#27] *New Peak*
26. Kygo/OneRepublic- Lose Somebody (DEBUT) [#26]
25. SAINt JHN/Imanbek- Roses (#23; -2) [#18]
24. Pink Sweat$- 17 (#26; +2) [#24] *New Peak*
23. Zedd/Jasmine Thompson- Funny (#27; +4) [#22]
22. Maroon 5- Nobody's Love (#20; -2) [#20]
21. Trevor Daniel/Selena Gomez- Past Life (#22; +1) [#20]
20. Kane Brown/Khalid/Swae Lee- Be Like That (#24; +4) [#20] *New Peak*
19. Katy Perry- Daisies (Re-entry) [#19] *New Peak*
18. Jack Harlow- What's Poppin' (DEBUT) [#18]
17. Conan Gray- Heather (Re-entry) [#17] *New Peak*
16. DaBaby/Roddy Ricch- ROCKSTAR (#15; -1) [#14]
15. Taylor Swift- cardigan (#18; +3) [#15] *New Peak*
14. Juice Wrld/Marshmello- Come & Go (#25; +11) [#14] *New Peak*
13. BENEE/Gus Dapperton- Supalonely (#13; =) [#8]
12. Zoe Wees- Control (#16; +4) [#12] *New Peak*
11. Jawsh 865/Jason Derulo- Savage Love (Laxed - Siren Beat) (#17; +6) [#11] *New Peak*
10. Lady Gaga/Ariana Grande- Rain On Me (#9; -1) [#5]
9. Gabby Barrett/Charlie Puth- I Hope (#10; +1) [#9] *New Peak*
8. Dua Lipa- Break My Heart (#5; -3) [#2]
7. Lewis Capaldi- Before You Go (#8; +1) [#1, 1 week]
6. Ava Max- Kings & Queens (#7; +1) [#6] *New Peak*
5. blackbear- me & ur ghost (Re-entry) [#5] *New Peak*
4. 5 Seconds Of Summer- Old Me (#4; =) [#1, 1 week]
3. Ashe/Niall Horan- Moral Of The Story (Remix) (#3; =) [#3]
2. Alesso/Liam Payne- Midnight (#2; =) [#2]
1. Harry Styles- Watermelon Sugar (#1; =) [#1, 7th week]

Biggest Jump: Juice Wrld/Marshmello- Come & Go (+11)

Biggest DROP: Dua Lipa- Break My Heart (-3)

#1 Song This Week One Year Ago: Shawn Mendes- If I Can't Have You (5th/9 weeks)

New Entrants and Exits Review
~Yeah I listened to I Should Probably Go To Bed once and it was decent just like Dan + Shay. Anyways, why the complicated name?

~I don't like Billie Eilish's music as a whole, and my future just proves it.

~You know, Lose Somebody is already a great song. I mean splendid production, amazing vocals, and great writing. If you watch my personal, you already know I feel about it.

~I mean, I don't have a problem with Daisies. Pretty high for a decent song. Let's hope that no other mediocre or terrible songs re-enter...

~What's Poppin' at 18? I mean, great production and flow for a simple, original, rap song. Again, if you see my personal, you know my thoughts on this.

~Heather is really back at 17, huh? I mean, it's terrible, but I guess it's Conan Gray, it was bound to happen

~me & ur ghost is at #5...what the hell. How fucked with the voting polls this week, like seriously. Who's mind thought it was good to have a mediocre song back at #5 making it the highest entry and re-entry, beating Sucker is the former category? Like, c'mon guys.

~In terms of exits, Sunday Best was well overdone and mediocre as all hell. Be Kind and Savage were just decent and I frankly don't care that they left. The fact I predicted No Judgement to leave last week and it happened is disappointing, but just proving that Hits 1 will take any song off when it wants now. Blueberry Faygo should be given another chance, death bed can not back and MAMACITA will likely re-enter because I don't know anymore.

HitBound
  • blackbear- queen of broken hearts
  • Young T/Bugsey/Headie One- Don't Rush (Re-entry)
  • Surf Mesa/Emilee- ily
  • Niall Horan- Black And White
  • Lil Mosey- Blueberry Faygo (Re-entry)
  • AJR- Bang!
  • 5 Seconds Of Summer- Wildflower (Re-entry)
  • Topic/A7S- Breaking Me
  • jxdn- Angels & Demons (DEBUT)
  • Juice Wrld- Wishing Well (DEBUT)
  • Doja Cat/Gucci Mane- Like That
  • Dan + Shay- I Should Probably Go To Bed (DEBUT)
  • Harry Styles- Falling
  • DJ Khaled/Drake- POPSTAR (Re-entry)
  • Dixie D'Amielo- Be Happy
New Trainees
~Thanks for making me lose it, taking out Don't Rush for a week guys.

~Blueberry Faygo deserves another one, Wildflower should just take out Old Me.

~Angels & Demons is like borderline decent, I wouldn't really go back to it.

~Wishing Well is here because of Tiktok, and it is also borderline decent.

~Screw the Dan + Shay song.

~POPSTAR I've now considered as bad because it seems like no effort was put into it.

~Ur So cOoL, Banana (Remix), AND Together have all been kicked off HitBound. Together and Ur So cOoL will likely land on Lights Over Paris, while Banana will simply not exist anymore.

Predictions
Dropouts:
  • Zedd/Jasmine Thompson (#23)
Debuts:
  • blackbear- queen of broken hearts (#19)
Next Week's #30: Kygo/OneRepublic- Lose Somebody
Next Week's #1: Harry Styles- Watermelon Sugar

Biggest Jump: Billie Eilish- my future
Biggest DROP: blackbear- me & ur ghost

HitBound Entries:
  • Zedd/Jasmine Thompson- Funny
  • Ava Max- Who's Laughing Now
HitBound Exits:
  • Harry Styles- Falling
  • Topic/A7S- Breaking Me
#1 Recommendation for Hits 1: BUNT./Clarence Coffee Jr.- Unbreakable

My Bottom 5 Countdown Picks
1. Billie Eilish- my future
2. Conan Gray- Heather
3. Zoe Wees- Control
4. Ashe/Niall Horan- Moral Of The Story (Remix)
5. Taylor Swift- cardigan

My Top 5 Countdown Picks
1. Juice Wrld/Marshmello- Come & Go
2. Jack Harlow- What's Poppin'
3. Jawsh 865/Jason Derulo- Savage Love (Laxed - Siren Beat)
4. Lady Gaga/Ariana Grande- Rain On Me
5. Alesso/Liam Payne- Midnight

No comments:

Post a Comment