Saturday, September 7, 2019

Hits 1 Weekend Countdown, Week of September 7, 2019 Shawn Mendes (9)

Hey, welcome back to another Hits 1 post. This week a lot compared to last week which is good. Many older songs and some newer fell off the countdown which is cool. We have many HitBound entrants so there is much to do so let's get started.
Dropouts:

  • Ava Max- Sweet But Psycho (#45) [#2]
  • Marshmello/BΔSTILLE- Happier (#42) [#1, 2 weeks]
  • Panic! At The Disco- High Hopes (#40) [#1, 8 weeks]
  • Mark Ronson/Camila Cabello- Find U Again (#39) [#23]
  • Ava Max- So Am I (#37) [#7]
  • Miley Cyrus- Mother's Daughter (#24) [#20]
  • Blanco Brown- The Git Up (#23) [#22]
The Countdown
Last Week's #1: Shawn Mendes- If I Can't Have You (8th week)

45. Halsey- Without Me (#43; -2) [#1, 5 weeks]
44. Imagine Dragons- Bad Liar (#44; =) [#6]
43. The Chainsmokers/Kelsea Ballerini- This Feeling (#41; -2) [#1, 7 weeks]
42. Dan + Shay- Speechless (#31; -11) [#9]
41. Marshmello/CHVRCHES- Here With Me (#34; -7) [#5]
40. Asher Angel/Wiz Khalifa- One Thought Away (#33; -7) [#33]
39. SHAED- Trampoline (#27; -12) [#27]
38. Dominic Fike- 3 Nights (DEBUT) [#38]
37. Alec Benjamin- Let Me Down Slowly (#38; +1) [#4]
36. Jax Jones/Bebe Rexha- Harder (DEBUT) [#36]
35. Waterparks- Dream Boy (DEBUT) [#35]
34. Taylor Swift/Brendon Urie- ME! (#35; +1) [#2]
33. Sam Smith- How Do You Sleep? (DEBUT) [#33]
32. Lil Nas X/Billy Ray Cyrus- Old Town Road (Remix) (#32; =) [#7]
31. Kaskade/Meghan Trainor- With You (#26; -5) [#21]
30. AJR- 100 Bad Days (#20; -10) [#19]
29. Ellie Goulding/Juice Wrld- Hate Me (DEBUT) [#29]
28. Stephen Puth- Look Away (#22; -6) [#22]
27. Zara Larsson- All The Time (#30; +3) [#27] *New Peak*
26. PUBLIC- Make You Mine (#29; +3) [#19]
25. Ariana Grande/Social House- boyfriend (DEBUT) [#25]
24. Billie Eilish- bad guy (#12; -12) [#10]
23. Katy Perry- Small Talk (#21; -2) [#21]
22. Ed Sheeran/Khalid- Beautiful People (DEBUT) [#22]
21. Panic! At The Disco- Dancing's Not A Crime (#14; -7) [#10]
20. Post Malone/Young Thug- Goodbyes (#17; -3) [#17]
19. MAX/Quinn XCII- Love Me Less (#18; -1) [#10]
18. The Chainsmokers/Bebe Rexha- Call You Mine (#19; +1) [#15]
17. Thomas Rhett- Look What God Gave Her (#36; +19) [#17] *New Peak*
16. Katy Perry- Never Really Over (#21; +5) [#10]
15. Ed Sheeran/Justin Bieber- I Don't Care (#8; -7) [#5]
14. Khalid/Disclosure- Talk (#13; -1) [#6]
13. OneRepublic- Rescue Me (#25; +12) [#13] *New Peak*
12. Halsey- Nightmare (#16; +4) [#2]
11. Alec Benjamin- If We Have Each Other (#15; +4) [#3]
10. Panic! At The Disco- Hey Look Ma, I Made It (#5; -5) [#1, 3 weeks]
9. 5 Seconds Of Summer- Easier (#10; +1) [#5]
8. Lizzo- Truth Hurts (#28; +20) [#7]
7. Shawn Mendes/Camila Cabello- Señorita (#6; -1) [#5]
6. Taylor Swift- You Need To Calm Down (#3; -3) [#3]
5. Lewis Capaldi- Someone You Loved (#9; +4) [#4]
4. Jonas Brothers- Cool (#7; +3) [#4] *New Peak*
3. The Chainsmokers/5 Seconds Of Summer- Who Do You Love (#4; +1) [#1, 2 weeks]
2. Jonas Brothers- Sucker (#2; =) [#1, 13 weeks]
1. Shawn Mendes- If I Can't Have You (#1; =) [#1, 9th week]

Biggest Jump- Lizzo Truth Hurts (+20)
Biggest DROP- SHAED- Trampoline AND Billie Eilish- bad guy (-12)

#1 Song This Week One Year Ago- 5 Seconds Of Summer- Youngblood (1st/5 weeks)

New Entrants
~First up is 3 Nights. Keep in mind I'll keep these short-ish so we don't take up too much time. Now I remember this song came out a while ago and I picked up on it. It's pretty good. I like the production though it kinda feels simple and empty. His voice is really good and reminded me of a guy from Pitch Perfect don't know who though. The lyrics actually mean something which is nice. I think Dominic has talent but I haven't heard his other songs though but this will do.

~Next is Harder. I don't know if Jax Jones has appeared here but here he is now. This song is really groovy and I think Bebe's voice is really nice. I feel like Jax Jones could do more and make more hits but some of his other songs can just be bland. However, I do enjoy this song and I hope it does well.

~One spot above Harder is Dream Boy by a random band by the name of Waterparks. I don't know who they are or what music they have produced but I quite like this. The nice energetic start is a nice kickstart and the fact that they keep this kind of energy throughout the song is what I like. The vocals are nice but something doesn't click with me fully. I feel like the fact that this can be annoying at sometimes can be why, but otherwise good song, I'll take it.

~At #33 it is How Do You Sleep? by Sam Smith. I feel either he's been under the radar or Sam Smith took a break...wait Dancing With A Stranger exists, oops. Anyways, I like this song. Sure the production is weird, but I do like his voice and his last chorus is just outstanding. I know some people aren't a fan of this but I am.

~Next up is Hate Me. Now, this has been on my personal chart for some time if y'all have been paying any attention to it. I really do like this. I really like the chorus and production. However, what surprises the most is Juice Wrld. He does very well and has a  nice flow with the production. The only downfall here is the verses. They seem really weak and that they could've had more effort but into them. Besides that, this song is nice I enjoy it.

~At #25 we have boyfriend. Now a lot of people on the discord server tend to be mixed overall. Personally, I like it a lot. The start from Ariana and this distorted production seems normal to me. Her verse is good, but that pre-chorus is amazing. It has a lot of flow and sounds satisfying if you think about it. The only weak song is when Mikey from Social House comes with an ok "Stressed out..." thing it just ruins the song a bit, but then that it's great.

~Finally up at 22 we have Beautiful People. This song, in my opinion, is the weakest out of these 7 despite all being good to amazing. Ed and Khalid do nice with their voices but the song overall is weak and the production is just...I don't know actually...let's just say it isn't my cup of tea. Overall, the voices are great and the production is decent so it's good for the most part.

How Do You Blurb?
~It's good to see older songs being pushed out again. Here With Me drops to #41 and Speechless down to #42. This Feeling furthers throughout the Bottom 5 which is good and Without Me gets #45, finally.

~It looks like the end for One Thought Away and Trampoline as they take decent drops to the Bottom 10 and that sucks because I like them both especially the former.

~bad guy takes a big drop out of the Top 20 which is cool since it's off the poll.

~Rescue Me, Look What God Gave Her, and Truth Hurts take big jumps. Now to first and third I'm cool with but the second one is quite random.

~As far as exits go, Find U Again and The Git Up were both great but short-lived, High Hopes, Happier, and Sweet But Psycho overstayed and So Am I  was just random but did good. Oh yeah, Mother's Daughter was bad so I guess it's good that it's gone.

HitBound
  • Panic! At The Disco- Roaring 20s
  • Jonas Brothers- Only Human
  • Kygo/Whitney Houston- Higher Love
  • Camila Cabello- Liar (DEBUT)
  • Alec Benjamin- Jesus In LA
  • Lizzo- Good As Hell
  • Lauv/Anne-Marie- fuck, i'm lonely (DEBUT)
  • Post Malone- CIRCLES (DEBUT)
  • Louis Tomilson- Kill My Mind (DEBUT)
  • 5 Seconds Of Summer- Teeth
  • Why Don't We- What Am I (DEBUT)
  • TWENTY ØNE PILØTS- The Hype
  • Camila Cabello- Shameless (DEBUT)
  • Taylor Swift- Lover
  • NF- Time (DEBUT)
  • Charlie Puth- I Warned Myself
New Trainees
~First is What Am I. Everything is okay here, I think Why Don't We can do way better.

~Next is Liar. I really like her voice and the Latin vibe to it but everything else can be boring.

~Time is just bad I don't like his voice, the drop hurts my ears and yeah.

~Kill My Mind is ok, I do like the voice but the production doesn't work for me.

~Shameless.....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

~CIRCLES is quite nice but it's boring at some points.

~i'm lonely is good. I like the voices from both and the instrumentation is good.

Predictions
Dropouts:
  • Dan + Shay- Speechless (#42) [#9]
  • Imagine Dragons- Bad Liar (#44) [#6]
Debuts:
  • Charlie Puth- I Warned Myself (#24)
  • Jonas Brothers- Only Human (#37)
Next Week's #45: Halsey- Without Me (#45) [#1, 5 weeks]
Next Week's #1: Shawn Mendes- If I Can't Have You (#1) [#1, 10th week]

Biggest Jump: Waterparks- Dream Boy (+14)
Biggest DROP: Khalid/Disclosure- Talk (-16)

HitBound Entrants:
  • Normani- Motivation
  • Ava Max- Torn
HitBound Exits:
  • NONE
#1 Recommendation for Hits: Post Malone/Ozzy Osbourne/Travis Scott- Take What You Want

My Bottom 5 Countdown Picks
1. Taylor Swift- You Need To Calm Down
2. Halsey- Without Me
3. Katy Perry- Small Talk
4. Lewis Capaldi- Someone You Loved
5. AJR- 100 Bad Days

My Top 5 Countdown Picks
1. Post Malone/Young Thug- Goodbyes
2. Ariana Grande/Social House- boyfriend
3. Jax Jones/Bebe Rexha- Harder
4. Shawn Mendes- If I Can't Have You
5. Ellie Goulding/Juice Wrld- Hate Me

3 comments:

  1. First.

    CC: In the clean version the song is called "lonely" not "i'm lonely" please get your facts straight.

    ReplyDelete