Wednesday, June 24, 2020

Hits 1 Weekend Countdown, Week of June 20, 2020 5 Seconds Of Summer (1)

Welcome back to an okay timed countdown post! Anyways, I don't wanna get into much of what happened. Very mediocre week in my opinion to be honest.
Dropouts:

  • blackbear- me & ur ghost (#23) [#13]
  • Diplo/Morgan Wallen/Julia Michaels- Heartless (#28) [#28]
  • The Weeknd- In Your Eyes (#30) [#10]
The Countdown
Last Week's #1: Lewis Capaldi- Before You Go (1st week)

30. Black Eyed Peas/Ozuna/J. Rey Soul- MAMACITA (DEBUT) [#30]
29. Taylor Summer- Cruel Summer (DEBUT) [#29]
28. Doja Cat/Gucci Mane- Like That (Re-entry) [#28] *New Peak*
27. Ariana Grande/Justin Bieber- Stuck With U (#20; -7) [#20]
26. Lil Mosey- Blueberry Faygo (#29; +3) [#26] *New Peak*
25. SAINt JHN/Imanbek- Roses (#19; -6) [#19]
24. Roddy Ricch- The Box (#21; -3) [#21]
23. Gabby Barrett/Charlie Puth- I Hope (#26; +3) [#23] *New Peak*
22. Conkarah/Shaggy/DJ Fle- Banana (Remix) (#24; +2) [#22] *New Peak*
21. Meghan Thee Stallion/Beyonce- Savage (Remix) (#27; +6) [#21] *New Peak*
20. Lady Gaga/Ariana Grande- Rain On Me (#16; -4) [#16]
19. Powfu/beabadoobee- death bed (#25; +6) [#19] *New Peak*
18. Justin Bieber/Quavo- Intentions (#11; -7) [#11]
17. Trevor Daniel- Falling (#17; =) [#14]
16. Doja Cat- Say So (#14; -2) [#3]
15. Alec Benjamin- Oh My God (#18; +3) [#15] *New Peak*
14. The Weeknd- Blinding Lights (#12; -2) [#1, 6 weeks]
13. Jonas Brothers/Karol G- X (#13; =) [#13]
12. BENEE/Gus Dapperton- Supalonely (#22; +10) [#12] *New Peak*
11. Surfaces- Sunday Best (#15; +4) [#11] *New Peak*
10. TWENTY ØNE PILØTS- Level Of Concern (#8; -2) [#7]
9. Conan Gray- Maniac (#5; -4) [#2]
8. Maren Morris- The Bones (#10; +2) [#8] *New Peak*
7. Alesso/Liam Payne- Midnight (#9; +2) [#7] *New Peak*
6. Marshmello/Halsey- Be Kind (#7; +1) [#6] *New Peak*
5. Harry Styles- Watermelon Sugar (#3; -2) [#3]
4. Dua Lipa- Break My Heart (#4; =) [#3]
3. Niall Horan- No Judgement (#2; -1) [#1, 1 week]
2. Lewis Capaldi- Before You Go (#1; -1) [#1, 1 week]
1. 5 Seconds Of Summer- Old Me (#6; +5) [#1, 1st week] *New Peak*

Biggest Jump: BENEE/Gus Dapperton- Supalonely (+10)

Biggest DROP: Justin Bieber/Quavo- Intentions AND Ariana Grande/Justin Bieber- Stuck With U (-7)

#1 Song This Week One Year Ago: Jonas Brothers- Sucker (13th/13 weeks)

New Entrants
~MAMACITA, another lackluster single from the Black Eyed Peas. To be honest, I don't know why they went for this Spanish twist, but man they were a bit better before. The only thing good is surprisingly Fergie's part. I'm sorry, I can't stand the rest of the song. Not because it's Spanish, but it's because it's very weak overall and not much to it.

~Cruel Summer clocks in at #29 and uhhh. Well you know I don't favor Taylor Swift like at all, and this is her best from the album, but I can't find anything more than something that's decent like this. I mean I genuinely wished Taylor would prove me wrong, but I don't see it. An okay chorus can do so much especially for what I think is, very weak and forgettable verses.

~Finally would be the re-entry of Like That, but it's gonna leave next week, I'm betting it.

Blurb That
~Since there are only 30 songs this will phase out soon but they're 3 categories of my thoughts. 1. What the hell? 2. Ok, whatever and 3. Finally

~So Old Me hit #1 because you know Hits 1 can't push more current songs like Watermelon Sugar or Break My Heart

~That means Before You Go is ousted off which is fine because it's out of its prime.

~They're pushing Midnight pretty far which is cool.

~Surfaces and Supalonely really have to jump to under Top 10? No, they're not good singles, stop.

~Drops for Rain On Me, Roses, and Stuck With U all aren't needed like c'mon these are the songs that should be storming the Top 10.

~Damn, Banana didn't get #1.

~As far as exits go, Heartless will be back in 2 weeks. In Your Eyes crashed pretty, but it was good. me & ur ghost was okay I guess I mean it didn't do too much of anything noteworthy here or everywhere.

HitBound
  • Diplo/Morgan Wallen/Julia Michaels- Heartless
  • Ava Max- Kings & Queens
  • FINNEAS- Let's Fall In Love For The Night
  • Niall Horan- Black And White
  • Topic/A7S- Breaking Me (DEBUT)
  • Tones and I- Ur So cOoL
  • AJR- Bang!
  • Pink Sweat$- 17
  • Young T/Bugsey/Headie One- Don't Rush (DEBUT)
  • Sia- Together
  • JoJo- Man (DEBUT)
  • Harry Styles- Falling
  • Katy Perry- Daisies
  • Jackson Wang- 100 Ways
  • Ashe/Niall Horan- Moral Of The Story (Remix)
New Trainees
~Breaking Me was a song I heard months back when it came out, but I never really pondered on it after I heard it, though it was good. This song is pretty well done, to be honest.

~Don't Rush seemed so random, but then you know TikTok be like. Anyways, it's okay not the biggest fan of British rap.

~Man is basically a less obnoxious version of Gold by Kiiara. I don't what she's getting to, there's pauses between every word, and it seems very random of a song.

~Before I forget, Toosie Slide departed last week from here, and this week we lose City Of Angels, the other girl, AND ROCKSTAR. I would think that the other girl is gone for sure, the others are questionable.

Predictions
Exits:
  • Roddy Ricch- The Box (#24)
  • Doja Cat/Gucci Mane- Like That (#28)
  • Black Eyed Peas/Ozuna/J. Rey Soul- MAMACITA (#30)
Entrants:
  • DaBaby/Roddy Ricch- ROCKSTAR (#20)
  • Pink Sweat$- 17 (#26)
  • 24KGOLDN- City Of Angels (#29)
Next Week's #30: Lil Mosey- Blueberry Faygo (#26)
Next Week's #1: 5 Seconds Of Summer- Old Me (#1)

Biggest Jump: Conkarah/Shaggy/DJ Fle- Banana (Remix) (+12)
Biggest DROP: Doja Cat- Say So (-9)

HitBound Entrants:
  • IDK Hits 1 has random songs at this rate but
  • Doja Cat/Gucci Mane- Like That
HitBound Exits:
  • Jackson Wang- 100 Ways
#1 Recommendation for Hits 1: Quinn XCII/Logic- A Letter To My Younger Self

My Top 5 Countdown Picks
1. Jonas Brothers/Karol G- X
2. Lady Gaga/Ariana Grande- Rain On Me
3. Alesso/Liam Payne- Midnight
4. Niall Horan- No Judgement
5. Conkarah/Shaggy/DJ Fle- Banana (Remix)

My Bottom 5 Countdown Picks
1. Alec Benjamin- Oh My God
2. Black Eyed Peas/Ozuna/J. Rey Soul- MAMACITA
3. Surfaces- Sunday Best
4. Powfu/beabadoobee- death bed
5. Conan Gray- Maniac

7 comments:

  1. First

    “Don't Rush seemed so random, but then you know TikTok be like. Anyways, it's okay not the biggest fan of British rap.”


    I love Don’t Rush DaBaby remix is better than the original

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ughhhhh Banana is the worst song this year by alot so far

    ReplyDelete