Tuesday, August 4, 2020

Hits 1 Weekend Countdown, Week of August 1, 2020 Harry Styles (6)

Welcome back guys, here pretty on time for the most part, so I'm giving you guys the full thing here so enjoy! :) Speaking of which, my rankdown was initially due days back but I'm giving it to this Saturday as a deadline partly because of remaining interest and my own personal faults. Also, don't worry, personal will be out soon.
Dropouts:
  • Trevor Daniel- Falling (#12) [#12]
  • Doja Cat/Gucci Mane- Like That (#16) [#16]
  • Maren Morris- The Bones (#19) [#8]
  • Justin Bieber/Quavo- Intentions (#27) [#11]
The Countdown
Last Week's #1: Harry Styles- Watermelon Sugar (5th week)

30. Jackson Wang- 100 Ways (#27; -3) [#27]
29. Ananya Birla- Let There Be Love (DEBUT) [#29]
28. Black Eyed Peas/Ozuna/J. Rey Soul- MAMACITA (#30; +2) [#28] *New Peak*
27. Zedd/Jasmine Thompson- Funny (#22; -5) [#22]
26. Pink Sweat$- 17 (#29; +3) [#26] *New Peak*
25. Juice Wrld/Marshmello- Come & Go (#23; -2) [#23]
24. Kane Brown/Khalid/Swae Lee- Be Like That (DEBUT) [#24]
23. SAINt JHN/Imanbek- Roses (Remix) (#26; +3) [#18]
22. Trevor Daniel/Selena Gomez- Past Life (#20; -2) [#20]
21. Powfu/beabadoobee- death bed (#21; =) [#13]
20. Maroon 5- Nobody's Love (DEBUT) [#20]
19. Lil Mosey- Blueberry Faygo (#18; -1) [#18]
18. Taylor Swift- cardigan (DEBUT) [#18]
17. Jawsh 865/Jason Derulo- Savage Love (Laxed - Siren Beat) (#25; +8) [#17] *New Peak*
16. Zoe Wees- Control (#24; +8) [#16] *New Peak*
15. DaBaby/Roddy Ricch- ROCKSTAR (#14; -1) [#14]
14. Niall Horan- No Judgement (#17; +3) [#1, 1 week]
13. BENEE/Gus Dapperton- Supalonely (#11; -2) [#8]
12. Meghan Thee Stallion/Beyonce- Savage (Remix) (#9; -3) [#9]
11. Marshmello/Halsey- Be Kind (#7; -4) [#6]
10. Gabby Barrett/Charlie Puth- I Hope (#13; +3) [#10] *New Peak*
9. Lady Gaga/Ariana Grande- Rain On Me (#5; -4) [#5]
8. Lewis Capaldi- Before You Go (#6; -2) [#1, 1 week]
7. Ava Max- Kings & Queens (#15; +8) [#7] *New Peak*
6. Surfaces- Sunday Best (#10; +4) [#6] *New Peak*
5. Dua Lipa- Break My Heart (#3; -2) [#2]
4. 5 Seconds Of Summer- Old Me (#4; =) [#1, 1 week]
3. Ashe/Niall Horan- Moral Of The Story (Remix) (#8; +5) [#3] *New Peak*
2. Alesso/Liam Payne- Midnight (#2; =) [#2]
1. Harry Styles- Watermelon Sugar (#1; =) [#1, 6th week]

Biggest Jump: Jawsh 865/Jason Derulo- Savage Love (Laxed - Siren Beat), Zoe Wees- Control AND Ava Max- Kings & Queens (+8)

Biggest DROP: Zedd/Jasmine Thompson- Funny (-5)

#1 Song This Week One Year Ago: Shawn Mendes- If I Can't Have You (4th/9 weeks)

New Entrants & Exits Review
~Sidenote, I've listened to all of these once, apologies for the dull reviews

~First up is Let There Be Love by this random artist I haven't heard of. I must say, the best debut of the week and that's on first listen. I feel like it's very decent in terms of vocals, but the production is one I can get behind. Overall, it's a good song with the potential to grow, at least for me that is, I don't know on here.

~Next is Be Like That and to be honest, it's borderline good. I feel like all 3 could've put a lot more into what they did. I mean, Khalid and Swae Lee have been impressive as of late, and well Kane Brown is mostly a miss for me, but he hits sometimes. Anyways, it's a good song I feel like a bit more effort was needed and then you had an amazing hit.

~Next up is Nobody's Love by Maroon 5. I guess the mediocre, Maroon 5 train hasn't stopped, and to be honest, it doesn't look like it. Hell, this song might be worse than Girls Like You. I mean, everything here is just mediocre and it's really disappointing, but I guess I have to deal with it.

~Finally is cardigan and oh geez is this song another mediocre Swift single. I'm sorry but Taylor Swift isn't my thing, she never was, never is, and likely never will be according to that last album. I mean, it's more so she's not my style of music. I'm sorry but this just shows me that I can't get behind Taylor Swift.

~In terms of exits, Falling, Like That, and The Bones all got bitch slapped off the charts this week, and this goes to show you that Hits 1 will gladly pull songs off the countdown anywhere. I mean, Intentions went at a decent spot and it was due to do so. The likelihood of these coming is low, besides Like That, they like to piss us off Like That.

HitBound
  • blackbear- queen of broken hearts (DEBUT)
  • Jack Harlow- What's Poppin'
  • Kygo/OneRepublic- Lose Somebody
  • Surf Mesa/Emilee- ily (DEBUT)
  • Conkarah/Shaggy/DJ Fle- Banana (Remix)
  • Niall Horan- Black And White
  • AJR- Bang!
  • Tones and I- Ur So cOoL
  • Topic/A7S- Breaking Me
  • Doja Cat/Gucci Mane- Like That (Re-entry)
  • Katy Perry- Daisies
  • Sia- Together
  • Harry Styles- Falling
  • Dixie D'Amielo- Be Happy (DEBUT)
  • Conan Gray- Heather
New Trainees and Exits Reviews
~If you see my personal, we know my thoughts on queen of broken hearts and ily

~Ok seriously wtf Hits 1, we played this game again huh.

~No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No I don't wanna Be Happy especially when I hear this song.

~Don't Rush, POPSTAR, Control, and Drinks are all gone. I mean I hope the last three don't debut but Don't Rush got snubbed hard.

Predictions
Dropouts:
  • Niall Horan- No Judgement (#14)
  • Black Eyed Peas/Ozuna/J. Rey Soul- MAMACITA (#27)
  • Jackson Wang- 100 Ways (#30)
Debuts:
  • Dixie D'Amielo- Be Happy (#21)
  • Doja Cat/Gucci Mane- Like That (#27)
  • Topic/A7S- Breaking Me (#30)
Next Week's #30: Topic/A7S- Breaking Me
Next Week's #1: Harry Styles- Watermelon Sugar (#1) (7th week)

Biggest Jump: Zedd/Jasmine Thompson- Funny (+9)
Biggest DROP: Lewis Capaldi- Before You Go (-10)

HitBound Entrants:
  • I honestly have no clue
HitBound Exits:
  • Niall Horan- Black and White
  • Kygo/OneRepublic- Lose Somebody
#1 Recommendation for Hits 1: Lost Frequencies/Mathieu Koss- Don't Leave Me

My Bottom 5 Countdown Picks
1. Black Eyed Peas/Ozuna/J. Rey Soul- MAMACITA
2. Zoe Wees- Control
3. Ashe/Niall Horan- Moral Of The Story (Remix)
4. Surfaces- Sunday Best
5. Powfu/beabadoobee- death bed

My Top 5 Countdown Picks
1. Juice Wrld/Marshmello- Come & Go
2. Lady Gaga/Ariana Grande- Rain On Me
3. Niall Horan- No Judgement
4. Jawsh 865/Jason Derulo- Savage Love (Laxed - Siren Beat)
5. Alesso/Liam Payne- Midnight

No comments:

Post a Comment