Monday, June 22, 2020

Hits 1 Weekend Countdown, Week of June 13, 2020 Lewis Capaldi (1)

Ah yes, another disappearance. Yeah, I'm very sorry about that. With everything re-opening my life might get a bit busier so please respect that. Anyways, the same post as normal minus predictions and blurbs.
Dropouts:

  • Demi Lovato- I Love Me (#10) [#7]
  • JP Saxe/Julia Michaels- If The World Was Ending (#15) [#10]
  • Regard- Ride It (#22) [#22]
  • Black Eyed Peas/J Balvin- RITMO (Bad Boys For Life) (#25) [#25]
  • 24KGOLDN- City Of Angels (#26) [#26]
The Countdown
Last Week's #1: Niall Horan- No Judgement (1st week)

30. The Weeknd- In Your Eyes (#16; -14) [#10]
29. Lil Mosey- Blueberry Faygo (DEBUT) [#29]
28. Diplo/Morgan Wallen/Julia Michaels- Heartless (#30; +2) [#28] *New Peak*
27. Meghan Thee Stallion/Beyonce- Savage (Remix) (DEBUT) [#27]
26. Gabby Barrett/Charlie Puth- I Hope (DEBUT) [#26]
25. Powfu/beabedoobee- death bed (#27; +2) [#21]
24. Conkarah/Shaggy/DJ Fle- Banana (Remix) (DEBUT) [#24]
23. blackbear- me & ur ghost (#13; -10) [#13]
22. BENEE/Gus Dapperton- Supalonely (#23; +1) [#17]
21. Roddy Ricch- The Box (DEBUT) [#21]
20. Ariana Grande/Justin Bieber- Stuck With U (#21; +1) [#20] *New Peak*
19. SAINt JHN/Imanbek- Roses (#29; +10) [#19] *New Peak*
18. Alec Benjamin- Oh My God (#19; +1) [#17]
17. Trevor Daniel- Falling (#20; +3) [#14]
16. Lady Gaga/Ariana Grande- Rain On Me (#28; +12) [#16] *New Peak*
15. Surfaces- Sunday Best (#18; +3) [#13]
14. Doja Cat- Say So (#8; -6) [#3]
13. Jonas Brothers/Karol G- X (#24; +11) [#13] *New Peak*
12. The Weeknd- Blinding Lights (#6; -6) [#1, 6 weeks]
11. Justin Bieber/Quavo- Intentions (#16; +5) [#11] *New Peak*
10. Maren Morris- The Bones (#12; +2) [#9]
9. Alesso/Liam Payne- Midnight (#11; +2) [#9] *New Peak*
8. TWENTY ØNE PILØTS- Level Of Concern (#7; -1) [#7]
7. Marshmello/Halsey- Be Kind (#17; +10) [#7] *New Peak*
6. 5 Seconds Of Summer- Old Me (#9; +3) [#6] *New Peak*
5. Conan Gray- Maniac (#2; -3) [#2]
4. Dua Lipa- Break My Heart (#4; =) [#3]
3. Harry Styles- Watermelon Sugar (#3; =) [#3]
2. Niall Horan- No Judgement (#1; -1) [#1, 1 week]
1. Lewis Capaldi- Before You Go (#5; +4) [#1, 1st week] *New Peak*

Biggest Jump: Lady Gaga/Ariana Grande- Rain On Me (+12)

Biggest DROP: The Weeknd- In Your Eyes (-16)

#1 Song This Week One Year Ago: Jonas Brothers- Sucker (12th/13 weeks)

New Entrants
~Blueberry Faygo is pretty explanatory. If you've been paying attention it has just left my personal chart recently but at #10 peak for it really good for my standards. So I won't waste my time here.

~Savage has always been and up and down song for me to be honest. I mean like the flow is okay and Beyonce helps a lot. However, I don't see this song being okay long term. It seems like an annoying TikTok anthem that has just launched itself to fame. I didn't like this song all that much when it came, but Beyonce is pretty allowable here, to be honest.

~I Hope, the most controversial song for me on here. When BillBoard was a non-terminated channel I used to hear a decent snippet of the song when it charted onto Billboard Hot 100. Upon hearing it for the whole time, it's really really decent. I don't think I can stand Gabby Barrett's voice every time I hear this, and that's when Charlie Puth breaks in. He does okay because this isn't his style in any way possible. His chorus is questionable, but man this song could be a lot better. With pretty cheap production, this song can come out borderline decent.

~Don't @ me here because we all know where this is going. Banana is the best entrant this week for me. Do not say anything. I remember hearing this song and version when it was on the BillBoard dance charts and I always had thought of adding it, I never did. Now that it reached fame, and the relevance of the song since it's summer, the remix and beat help. Honestly, I don't even know half the words Shaggy is saying to be honest, but I don't care. Yeah, the drop can be annoying and I think that's the make or break for few. Then again, if you know me, I somehow like pretty atrocious drops.

~Finally is The Box. Wait, The Box? You mean the song that charted for 11 weeks at #1 in January and February? That Box? Well then. Anyways, yeah this song will be pretty wholesome in the end, but since it just kind of went out of the public eye, the fact Hits 1 decides to bring it in won't help it. Sure, everything is good, but I'm more worried about it's staying power. In the end, it's Hits 1 decision, not ours.

HitBound
  • Ava Max- Kings & Queens
  • FINNEAS- Let's Fall In Love For The Night
  • Niall Horan- Black And White (DEBUT)
  • 24KGOLDN- City Of Angels (Re-entry)
  • Tones and I- Ur So cOoL
  • DaBaby/Roddy Ricch- ROCKSTAR (DEBUT)
  • AJR- Bang!
  • Pink Sweat$- 17
  • Doja Cat/Gucci Mane- Like That
  • Sia- Together
  • Kelsea Ballerini/Halsey- the other girl
  • Harry Styles- Falling (DEBUT)
  • Katy Perry- Daisies
  • Jackson Wang- 100 Ways
  • Ashe- Moral Of The Story
New Trainees
~Black And White is a great single off Heartbreak Weather. I hope it debuts to make for Small Talk's shortcomings.

~ROCKSTAR is a pretty song to be honest, which is great on both person's parts. I hope this debuts to clear some chart filler.

~Falling is good and all, but not my cup of tea in the end.

#1 Song Recommendation For Hits 1: Lennon Stella/Charlie Puth- Summer Feelings

My Top 5 Countdown Picks
1. Jonas Brothers/Karol G- X
2. Lady Gaga/Ariana Grande- Rain On Me
3. Alesso/Liam Payne- Midnight
4. The Weeknd- In Your Eyes
5. Niall Horan- No Judgement

My Bottom 5 Countdown Picks
1. Alec Benjamin- Oh My God
2. Surfaces- Sunday Best
3. Powfu/beabadoobee- death bed
4. Conan Gray- Maniac
5. blackbear- me & ur ghost

6 comments:

  1. "~Don't @ me here because we all know where this is going. Banana is the best entrant this week for me. Do not say anything. I remember hearing this song and version when it was on the BillBoard dance charts and I always had thought of adding it, I never did. Now that it reached fame, and the relevance of the song since it's summer, the remix and beat help. Honestly, I don't even know half the words Shaggy is saying to be honest, but I don't care. Yeah, the drop can be annoying and I think that's the make or break for few. Then again, if you know me, I somehow like pretty atrocious drops."
    Omg I hate banana it sucks it's to Latin for me

    ReplyDelete
  2. “Falling is good and all, but not my cup of tea in the end.”


    It is frying amazing and Harry Styles sings so beautiful and the end is very catchy so this song is my cup of tea

    ReplyDelete
  3. “Black And White is a great single off Heartbreak Weather. I hope it debuts to make for Small Talk's shortcomings.”

    No it’s ass and Black and White is such a dummy song that I never liked the most I hope it does not debut

    ReplyDelete