Tuesday, June 30, 2020

Hits 1 Weekend Countdown, Week of June 27, 2020 Harry Styles (1)

Welcome to a decently timed Hits 1 post! This chart is halfway through the year in terms of charts for any music chart besides Billboard because it's wack sometimes. Anyways, please get on this rankdown I have going, the link is above and more people would be appreciated.
Dropouts:

  • Doja Cat- Say So (#16) [#3]
  • Roddy Ricch- The Box (#24) [#21]
  • Black Eyed Peas/J Balvin/J. Rey Soul- MAMACITA (#30) [#30]
The Countdown
Last Week's #1: 5 Seconds Of Summer- Old Me (1st week)

30. Pink Sweat$- 17 (DEBUT) [#30]
29. Ashe/Niall Horan- Moral Of The Story (Remix) (Re-entry) [#23]
28. Conkarah/Shaggy/DJ Fle- Banana (Remix) (#22; -6) [#22]
27. Taylor Swift- Cruel Summer (#29; +2) [#27] *New Peak*
26. SAINt JHN/Imanbek- Roses (#25; -1) [#19]
25. Gabby Barrett/Charlie Puth- I Hope (#23; -2) [#23]
24. DaBaby/Roddy Ricch- ROCKSTAR (DEBUT) [#24]
23. Ariana Grande/Justin Bieber- Stuck With U (#27; +4) [#20]
22. Lil Mosey- Blueberry Faygo (#26; +4) [#22] *New Peak*
21. Alec Benjamin- Oh My God (#15; -6) [#15]
20. Powfu/beabadoobee- death bed (#19; -1) [#19]
19. Conan Gray- Maniac (#9; -10) [#2]
18. Doja Cat/Gucci Mane- Like That (#28; +10) [#18] *New Peak*
17. The Weeknd- Blinding Lights (#14; -3) [#1, 6 weeks]
16. Justin Bieber/Quavo- Intentions (#18; +2) [#11]
15. Trevor Daniel- Falling (#17; +2) [#14]
14. Lady Gaga/Ariana Grande- Rain On Me (#20; +6) [#14] *New Peak*
13. Surfaces- Sunday Best (#11; -2) [#11]
12. Lewis Capaldi- Before You Go (#2; -10) [#1, 1 week]
11. Meghan Thee Stallion/Beyonce- Savage (Remix) (#21; +10) [#11] *New Peak*
10. Jonas Brothers/Karol G- X (#13; +3) [#10] *New Peak*
9. Maren Morris- The Bones (#8; -1) [#8]
8. BENEE/Gus Dapperton- Supalonely (#12; +4) [#8] *New Peak*
7. TWENTY ØNE PILØTS- Level Of Concern (#10; +3) [#7] *New Peak*
6. Marshmello/Halsey- Be Kind (#6; =) [#6]
5. 5 Seconds Of Summer- Old Me (#1; -4) [#1, 1 week]
4. Dua Lipa- Break My Heart (#4; =) [#3]
3. Niall Horan- No Judgement (#3; =) [#1, 1 week]
2. Alesso/Liam Payne- Midnight (#7; +5) [#2] *New Peak*
1. Harry Styles- Watermelon Sugar (#5; +4) [#1, 1st week] *New Peak*

Biggest Jump: Doja Cat/Gucci Mane- Like That AND Meghan Thee Stallion/Beyonce- Savage (Remix) (+10)

Biggest DROP: Conan Gray- Maniac AND Lewis Capaldi- Before You Go (-10)

#1 Song This Week One Year Ago: Shawn Mendes- If I Can't Have You (1st/9 weeks)

New Entrants
~17, a long time running song on HitBound. Let me get one thing straight here, his voice is really good like it's almost heaven. He has great vocals and all, but the rest of the song isn't good, lest forgettable. The production is very slow and empty, and lyric writing is okay. I feel like if there was more built his vocals it would've been better.

~Moral Of The Story re-enters with Niall Horan and to be honest, I like this. His verse is pretty cool especially with the runs he does here and there. It doesn't get out of red, but damn to blue.

~Finally is ROCKSTAR. I wouldn't see myself liking this song at all if it was released last year. Something about mainstream rap didn't hit right. This, however, is really good, and I'm surprised. DaBaby and Roddy Ricch continue to impress a whole hell of a lot. The nice hook, great lyrics, and flow. Everything about this song is really good.

BLURBSTAR
~Watermelon Sugar lands a #1, which isn't too surprising, but I guess I'll take it.

~Midnight getting to 2 is a bit of a stretch but I mean I don't care.

~5-13 is all decent with the midst of X in it...

~Huh I guess I was very wrong about Like That again

~I guess Banana's flopping. Thank for leading me on Hits 1 >:(

~As far as exits go, at least I got two right. Say So I didn't think would leave that high but if it was a 45 list it would've been here until Thanksgiving. The Box and MAMACITA I know weren't gonna get too far because they both are kinda out of the ordinary or old.

HitBound

  • Diplo/Morgan Wallen/Julia Michaels- Heartless
  • Kygo/OneRepublic- Lose Somebody (DEBUT)
  • Ava Max- Kings & Queens
  • Niall Horan- Black And White
  • Topic/A7S- Breaking Me
  • Tones and I- Ur So cOoL
  • AJR- Bang!
  • Young T/Bugsey/Headie One- Don't Rush
  • Sia- Together
  • JoJo- Man
  • Harry Styles- Falling
  • Katy Perry- Daisies
  • Jackson Wang- 100 Ways
  • Black Eyed Peas/Ozuna/J. Rey Soul- MAMACITA (Re-entry)
  • Cyn- Drinks (DEBUT)
New Trainees
~Lose Somebody is a song I've wanted to see for a long time, or since it came out, to be on here. Great vocals, production, and songwriting.

~MAMACITA is back...yay.

~Drinks is uh boring, bad, and she is even trying or nah?

~Let's Fall In Love For The Night has left HitBound, but I have no idea where it could go.

Predictions (assuming no chart change)
Exits:
  • Alec Benjamin- Oh My God (#21)
  • Conkarah/Shaggy/DJ Fle- Banana (Remix) (#28)
Entrants:
  • Ava Max- Kings & Queens (#26)
  • Young T/Bugsey/Headie One- Don't Rush (#30)
Next Week's #30: Young T/Bugsey/Headie One- Don't Rush (DEBUT)
Next Week's #1: Harry Styles- Watermelon Sugar (#1)

Biggest Jump: Lil Mosey- Blueberry Faygo (+9)
Biggest DROP: Surfaces- Sunday Best (-8)

HitBound Entrants:
  • Conkarah/Shaggy/DJ Fle- Banana (Remix)
  • Jack Harlow- What's Poppin'
HitBound Exits:
  • Tones and I- Ur So cOoL
  • FINNEAS- Let's Fall In Love For The Night (Formally LOP)
My Top 5 Countdown Picks
1. Jonas Brothers/Karol G- X
2. Lady Gaga/Ariana Grande- Rain On Me
3. Alesso/Liam Payne- Midnight
4. Niall Horan- No Judgement
5. Conkarah/Shaggy/DJ Fle- Banana (Remix)

My Bottom 5 Countdown Picks
1. Alec Benjamin- Oh My God
2. Ashe/Niall Horan- Moral Of The Story (Remix)
3. Surfaces- Sunday Best
4. Powfu/beabadoobee- death bed
5. Conan Gray- Maniac

No comments:

Post a Comment