Monday, June 8, 2020

Hits 1 Weekend Countdown, Week of May 30, 2020 The Weeknd (6)

Sorry for the absence lately. My middle school journey has finally come to an end so I thought I would take a break from everything after being overwhelmed recently with quarantine. Anyways, we're back to a wacc Top 30 that will likely be permanent on Hits 1. This is going to be pretty interesting. I'll do my extended-late post, everything minus predictions, and blurbs.
Dropouts (F to pay respects to the massacre listed):

  • Camila Cabello/DaBaby- My Oh My (#12) [#5]
  • Dua Lipa- Don't Start Now (#18) [#2]
  • Lauv- Modern Loneliness (#21) [#17]
  • Lady Gaga- Stupid Love (#22) [#9]
  • Taylor Swift- The Man (#23) [#7]
  • Post Malone- Circles (#27) [#1, 2 weeks]
  • Halsey- You should be sad (#29) [#6]
  • Sam Smith/Demi Lovato- I'm Ready (#32) [#31]
  • Harry Styles- Adore You (#34) [#1, 10 weeks]
  • 5 Seconds Of Summer- Teeth (#36) [#1, 2 weeks]
  • Jonas Brothers- What A Man Gotta Do (#38) [#2]
  • Niall Horan- Nice to meet ya (#40) [#1, 8 weeks]
  • blackbear- hot girl bummer (#41) [#4]
  • Halsey- Graveyard (#42) [#3]
  • Arizona Zervas- ROXANNE (#43) [#9]
  • Ed Sheeran/Camila Cabello/Cardi B- South Of The Border (#44) [#7]
  • Tones and I- Dance Monkey (#45) [#21]
The Countdown
Last Week's #1: The Weeknd- Blinding Lights (5th week)

30. SAINt JHN/Imanbek- Roses (#37; +7) [#30] *New Peak*
29. Doja Cat/Gucci Mane- Like That (DEBUT) [#29]
28. Lady Gaga/Ariana Grande- Rain On Me (DEBUT) [#28]
27. 24KGOLDN- City Of Angels (#39; +12) [#27] *New Peak*
26. Jonas Brothers/Karol G- X (#28; +2) [#26] *New Peak*
25. Black Eyed Peas/J Balvin- RITMO (Bad Boys For Life) (#33; +8) [#25] *New Peak*
24. BENEE/Gus Dapperton- Supalonely (#24; =) [#21]
23. Regard- Ride It (#35; +12) [#23] *New Peak*
22. Ariana Grande/Justin Bieber- Stuck With U (#25; +3) [#22] *New Peak*
21. Powfu/beabadoobee- death bed (#31; +10) [#21] *New Peak*
20. Alec Benjamin- Oh My God (#17; -3) [#17]
19. blackbear- me & ur ghost (#14; -5) [#14]
18. Marshmello/Halsey- Be Kind (#20; +2) [#18] *New Peak*
17. Trevor Daniel- Falling (#16; -1) [#14]
16. TWENTY ØNE PILØTS- Level Of Concern (#13; -3) [#11]
15. The Weeknd- In Your Eyes (#10; -5) [#10]
14. Justin Bieber/Quavo- Intentions (#30; +16) [#14] *New Peak*
13. Surfaces- Sunday Best (#19; +6) [#13]
12. Alesso/Liam Payne- Midnight (#26; +14) [#12] *New Peak*
11. JP Saxe/Julia Michaels- If The World Was Ending (#15; +4) [#10]
10. Conan Gray- Maniac (#2; -8) [#2]
9. Maren Morris- The Bones (#11; +2) [#9] *New Peak*
8. 5 Seconds Of Summer- Old Me (#9; +1) [#7]
7. Demi Lovato- I Love Me (#8; +1) [#7] *New Peak*
6. Harry Styles- Watermelon Sugar (#7; +1) [#6]
5. Doja Cat- Say So (#3; -2) [#3]
4. Lewis Capaldi- Before You Go (#5; +1) [#2]
3. Dua Lipa- Break My Heart (#6; +3) [#3] *New Peak*
2. Niall Horan- No Judgement (#4; +2) [#2] *New Peak*
1. The Weeknd- Blinding Lights (#1; =) [#1, 6th week]

Biggest Jump- Justin Bieber/Quavo- Intentions (+16)

Biggest DROP- Conan Gray- Maniac (-8)

#1 Song This Week One Year Ago- Jonas Brothers- Sucker (10th/13 weeks)

New Entrants + Review On The Massacre
~Like That is a song that honestly I didn't think I had a chance on here. And apparently, they let Gucci Mane on? I don't know about that question, but that's not the matter at hand. Instead, the song is pretty good, nothing like Say So, because I find Say So with a lot more presence in every category. However, a fair song for Doja Cat.

~Rain On Me is our other debut clocking in at #28. Now, this is the present me speaking here so Rain On Me has grown a lot recently in a matter of days. The drop is nice, way better than Stupid Love. Ariana adds a whole lot to the song in my opinion. I feel Gaga was struggling with Stupid Love without a feature so putting a feature on this song, let alone Ariana, is great. The beat is amazing, so a very well done song, especially after Stupid Love.

~On the massacre, this was crazy. However, we swept out every gold song that was on the list. Dance Monkey, What A Man Gotta Do, My Oh My, ROXANNE, Graveyard, South Of The Border, Teeth, and Don't Start Now was getting there. We got rid of a possible red song, hot girl bummer as it got frequently played and annoying. Then we had pretty decently fresh songs get, but I'm not complaining. I'm talking about Stupid Love, The Man, and Modern Loneliness. Then we had songs where I found them not old at all because I rarely heard them after the peak of both, and therefore didn't get tired of them. That is in the form of Circles and Adore You. Then there was Nice to meet ya, which I wasn't surprised that it left because I saw that song leaving within June. So yeah, anyways the massacre messed year-end spots for a significant few. However, a lot of the old stuff has been replaced with the new. No, it was replaced with nothing.

HitBound
  • Ava Max- Kings & Queens
  • FINNEAS- Let's Fall In Love For The Night (DEBUT)
  • Lil Mosey- Blueberry Faygo
  • Roddy Ricch- The Box
  • Diplo/Morgan Wallen/Julia Michaels- Heartless (DEBUT)
  • AJR- Bang!
  •  Gabby Barrett/Charlie Puth- I Hope
  • Sia- Together (DEBUT)
  • Kelsea Ballerini/Halsey- the other girl
  • Drake- Toosie Slide
  • Meghan Thee Stallion/Beyonce- Savage (Remix)
  • Jackson Wang- 100 Ways
  • Katy Perry- Daisies
  • The 1975- If You're Too Shy (Let Me Know)
  • Moral Of The Story- Ashe
New Trainees
~Let's Fall In Love For The Night has been a song that I've been familiar with if you've seen my personal. Better than any of her sister's songs when it comes to numbers on my personal. Great song and unusual for my liking.

~Heartless has been a song I lowkey liked I just never given the time to thoroughly listen and decide whether it's for my personal. Upon hearing it now, it might just hop on.

~Together is an okay song from Sia. She's been in the shadows for a bit, but I can't be disappointed with her.

~Bad Child and Lay Your Head On Me leave the HitBound list and joins like at this rate the 30+ songs on the Light Over Paris List.

5 comments:

  1. First


    Toosie Slide needs to leave and let Blueberry Faygo debut the countdown this way I will be happy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Twenty-four for the calendar year of 2020, actually. Twenty-six if you're going by the Billboard year. (Which I don't)

    ReplyDelete