Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Hits 1 Year-End 2018 (Top 45)

Image result for maren morris grey zedd


Hello to my 3rd year-end post! So here I'll be showing you the Top 45 of Hits 1 of 2018. Though I've started speculating since August, I might as well do it because I've been spectating and posting Hits 1. To be honest I don't know how they exactly do this year-end thing. Anyway, I want to start off with songs I hope or probably will make Hits 1 year-end list of 2019.


  • Moves-Olly Murs ft. Snoop Dogg
  • Close To Me-Ellie Goulding & Diplo ft. Swae Lee
  • Sweet But Psycho-Ava Max
  • thank u, next-Ariana Grande
  • Without Me-Halsey
  • Sunflower-Post Malone & Swae Lee
  • Nothing Breaks Like A Heart-Mark Ronson ft. Miley Cyrus
  • The Struts ft. Kesha-Body Talks
Also keep in mind that for this, my Top 6 (because it was hard to choose between #s 41 and 28) will be in Dark Blue and Bottom 5, in Dark Red.

And Now, Hits 1's Top 45 of 2018

45. Demi Lovato-Tell Me You Love Me (3/5; Decent) Peak: #5
Okay, this is fine on here. I don't really like the song, but I can tolerate it here unlike Sorry Not Sorry.  Her vocals are good but they sometimes do get annoying so yeah I don't mind.

44. Halsey-Alone (2/5; Mediocre) Peak: #11
Surprised that this song made it on, however, just barely. I really don't like this version as I favor more in the one with Big Sean and Stefflon Don. Her vocals grate after a while and it's really annoying after some time.


43. MAX ft. gnash-Lights Down Low (1/5; Trash) Peak: #6
Okay. This damn song is so annoying. It's WAY too slow and I they overplayed the hell out of it. Every time I heard this damn I would quickly change the radio as fast as I can because this song is so bad. The vocals I don't like and again the beat is way too slow. Good thing this ranked low.

42. Kelly Clarkson-Love So Soft (5/5; Great) Peak: #7
Personally, I like this song and though I may get some disagreement, I still like it. I like the vocals and her voice and the beat is very catchy, and I'm always down to listen to this song.

41. Dua Lipa-New Rules (5/5.5; Amazing) Peak: #11
I'm really disappointed that Hits 1 didn't let this song in its Top 10. This song had way more potential, I mean its #1 on AT40 year-end which is very good for a rising artist like Dua. Also, the fact that it was a re-entry is really nice too, though its second run didn't end long. I like her vocals and the beat and lyrics are great too.

40. The Chainsmokers ft. Emily Warren-Side Effects (5/5; Great) Peak: #6
With its predecessor, This Feeling, shooting high for 2019 year-end, we have the former, Side Effects. It's weird how Hits 1 denied this song from #1, but lets in This Feeling. It also still charting which is pretty amazing, considering that majority of these songs are gone. The vocals are great and like the production.

39. Portugal. The Man-Feel It Still (4/5; Good) Peak: #18
This song is very good, but we can all agree the overplaying of this actually maybe killed the whole good part. This song was played TOO much. I would hear left and right so yeah. With the low peak its probably because of its peak of #5 in 2017 and its long-ass longevity in 2018 in the Top 25. Anyways, vocals are good though they do get annoying, the beat is good and catchy despite that.

38. Bebe Rexha-I'm A Mess (5/5; Great) Peak: #3
This song is amazing and I don't care what people say. Her vocals are great and I like the lyrics and beat. I think the peak was a logical one as I can't see it being a #1 hit although its good.

37. Dua Lipa-IDGAF (2/5; Mediocre) Peak: #9
It's disappointing to see this song above New Rules. I mean, everything is okay, but the beat just gives the song boredom and its not a fun song to listen to. I don't know how this became a hit I guess people were so hyped about New Rules they'd give this one a spin, and hopefully, some people thought twice about Dua (though I still like her).

36. Foster The People- Sit Next To Me (0/5; Crap) Peak: #6
This song is straight-up crap. Like IDGAF that beat just rains down boredom, but the reason why it's at 0/5 instead 2/5, is because I don't like the lyrics and the vocals are grating. Thank God for not letting this be in the Top 5.

35. Charlie Puth ft. Kehlani-Done For Me (5.5/5; Amazing) Peak: #7
Where do I start? This song is absolutely amazing! The vocals are amazing I like the production very much, and this is the first time I've ever heard  Kehlani, and this is a good way to put a first impression on someone, but soon changed with Ring which is downright crap so it didn't last long, but she was great in this. I also wished this would make Top 5, but my prayers weren't answered. 

34. Marshmello ft. Bastille-Happier (4/5; Good) Peak: #1, 2 weeks
This is a very generic EDM and coming from a big fan of this kind of music, you know its right. However, that is only the production, but I've heard blander and weaker drops from others. Also, I do like Dan's vocals and his work on this. Also, I was surprised by the fact it was only two weeks. I thought it would be more.

33. G-Eazy ft. Halsey-Him & I (4/5; Good) Peak: #3
This is not bad, however, it's not the best but more leaning towards a better song. The only part I sort of don't like is Halsey's part, because after some more listens she does sound annoying so, I'll give the haters that. I also don't think it should've have had a Top 5 peak.

32. The Weeknd ft. Kendrick Lamar-Pray For Me (2/5; Mediocre) Peak: #5
Okay, everything is great, but the production and beat are hella weird. If you listen to it after some time its really annoying, and Kendrick also kinda throws it down more. I've seen The Weeknd do much better and much worse so this is an in-between sort of thing. Again, don't think it deserves a Top 5 peak.

31. Imagine Dragons-Natural (5/5; Great) Peak: #1, 1 week
This song is really good, and I can't express more. That beat gives it that ecstatic and energetic vibe and makes feel like your on top of the world. The vocals are great and sometimes that screaming gives it the final push, depending on how you're feeling. I feel its #1 peak was random, but I don't mind it.

30. Maroon 5 ft. Cardi B-Girls Like You (3/5; Decent/Okay) Peak: #4
I'm gonna start off that Adam Levine sounds like a frickin' car alarm. He goes high, low, high, low, so if you hear closely it sounds like a car alarm. Anyways, I sort of like Adam's voice and Cardi actually helps which is weird because again, rap people tend to screw up a song. The only reason it's at okay is that overplaying on the radio. I could've easily seen this at #1.

29. Backstreet Boys-Don't Go Breaking My Heart (-/5; Crap threw in a garbage can) Peak: #3
Everything is absolute crap and I'm not gonna expla-...THE WHOLE SONG IS CRAP, THE VOCALS ARE GRATING AND ARE ABSOLUTE CRAP. THE LYRICS AND PRODUCTION ARE ANNOYING AS HELL TOO. THIS SONG SHOULD"VE NEVER DEBUTED OR EVEN BECAME A SONG.

28. Marshmello ft. Selena Gomez-Wolves (5.5/5; Amazing) Peak: #3
Look who's back with another sort of generic song. However, the difference between this and Happier is a) Marshmello was more creative in this one b) a better beat drop and c) Wasn't overplayed every damn minute of the day. Anyways, Selena is good although her vocals have been better and the production, is again generic, creative, and somehow fun to listen to.

27. Macklemore ft. Kesha-Good Old Days (4/5; Good) Peak: #1, 1 Week
Another good song from both artists. Both have great vocals and lyrics, just the only thing that I don't like is the beat and like musical part. You should know I'm a big EDM fan so I like faster tempo music and this qualifies for too slow... so that's my only opposition to this song. Again a random #1 hit, but I don't mind.

26. Ariana Grande-no tears left to cry (5/5; Great) Peak: #4
This song is a really good one. I like the different elements Ariana uses. Her vocals are on point and I like the lyrics and the production is really good too. I think this song should’ve reached #1, considering how big Ariana stans Hits 1 are.

25. NOTD ft. Bea Miller-I Wanna Know (4.5/5; Really Good) Peak: #6

Hmm….this song was really stanned by Hits 1, to be honest. The only reason it's at a 4.5 is the overplaying Hits 1 did on this. However, everything is on point, the vocals, lyrics, and the production which could be better, but its still good. To be honest I don’t really care where this landed, however, I am surprised it got a high of a peak it did.

24. Khalid ft. Normani-Love Lies (5/5; Great) Peak: #2
I’m surprised this became a hit. I heard Khalid and what he is capable of. However, Normani, from Fifth Harmony, joins him and is outstanding. The vocals are great and lyrics and production are spot-on. It's at a blue on the present charts because of the fact its slow in my opinion and the overplaying is getting to me. To be honest, I could’ve easily seen this at #1, but its peak is fine.

23. Camila Cabello ft. Young Thug (6/5; Best Song)-Havana Peak: #3

This song is great and became a hit everywhere, even hitting #1 on Billboard. However, it did reach #1 in 2017, however, that was before they started calculating for this year-end, therefore making its #1 absolutely useless. However, I think the one without Young Thug because, to be honest, it's hard to understand what he is saying so there’s that. I also like the Cuban vibe with the also music and production. To be honest I expected it to last longer at #1 for maybe at least 3 weeks.

22. Camila Cabello-Never Be The Same (0/5; Crap) Peak: #1, 1 week
Of course we have the crappier predecessor being higher, however, it only lasted the same amount of weeks at #1, and its good that this isn’t higher than it is here. Her vocals are complete crap, the production is fricking weird, and nothing is better than that ear-bleeding chorus and especially that one ear-deafening word…"NICOTINE”. Thank goodness that this song fell out at a faster rate than Havana.

21. 5 Seconds Of Summer-Want You Back (4/5; Good) Peak: #1, 1 week
This song is way better than Youngblood, in which we’ll get to later. I like their vocals and to me that beat is catchy. I can’t say much, so yeah. Again, another random #1, this is most likely because Hits 1 stan these guys, but like Good Old Days, I don’t mind it at #1.


20. Marshmello ft. Anne-Marie-FRIENDS (5/5; Great) Peak: #5
Another generic, but good song in the name of Marshmello. Just somehow, he includes Anne-Marie to start off his first collaboration of the year. Surprisingly, Wolves and Happier were able to out-peak it which is weird especially if Wolves passed it.

19. Charlie Puth-How Long (5.5/5; Amazing) Peak: #1, 2 weeks
How do I start? This song is absolutely amazing! I love Charlie’s vocals and I like the lyrics. The beat also gives it that groove with a funk element at one point. I’m happy this made #1, and to be honest it should’ve stayed longer, it, actually he deserves it.

18. Niall Horan-On The Loose (5/5; Great) Peak: #3

I’m surprised at how high this song placed, This is probably due to that insane longevity even out of the Top 10. Anyways, the song is step down from Slow Hands, Niall's most recent notable song. Anyways, I like the vocals and lyrics are great and the beginning beat makes it sound like an upbeat dance song, which is sort of correct. I'm surprised that it reached a peak like this.
17. Shawn Mendes-In My Blood (4/5; Good) Peak: #1, 2 weeks
This song I hated when I first heard it and now, I sort of like it now. I like the beginning but its a tad bit too slow. Anyways, I like the vocals a lot and the production is fairly good. Again, I saw this at #1 so yeah, next.
16. Lauv-I like me better (0/5; Crap) Peak: #5
Where do I start, this song is ANNOYING. I don't like his voice, and the lyrics and stupid and the production is actual trash. To be honest, this song shouldn't hit Top 5.

15. Selena Gomez-Back To You (5/5; Great) Peak: #2
This song is one of the best of the year. I really like Selena's vocals and lyrics are perfectly written and the production is great too. I would listen to it whenever and I wouldn't mind it at #1, however, sadly it didn't that kind of glory.

14. Fall Out Boy-The Last Of The Real Ones (4.5/5 Really Good) Peak:#1, 2 weeks
As of right now, the song is annoying and obnoxious, however, at first it was really good, but definitely not a great in my books. The vocals are good and the production is annoying sometimes though. Anyways, another random #1 and I think this shouldn't have ever hit #1.

13. Imagine Dragons-Thunder (0/5; Crap) Peak: #1, 3 weeks (2 more in 2017)
This song is absolutely the worst song Imagine Dragons has produced in their career. The vocals are blah and the lyrics and absolutely trash. Don't get me started on that god awful production. This song shouldn't have hit #1 in 2018 c'mon Hits 1 you're better than that.

12. Halsey-Bad At Love (1.5/5; Really Mediocre) Peak: #1, 1 week (1 more in 2017)
If I can put Alone at a two then surely this will be lower. The song isn't good. It's really forgettable and the only thing that keeps it from trash is the okay production. I also feel like she tries way too hard to sing in this one in particular. Another random #1 and a super bad one to start off 2018.

11. Maroon 5-Wait (1/5; Trash) Peak: #4
I don't know what to say this song is downright bad. I feel like Adam tries to hard to sing and the lyrics and production are absolutely bad, I don't know why this peaked so high.

10. Walk The Moon-One Foot (4.5/5; Really Good) Peak: #2
This song is not bad, but its only a tiny step up from Shut Up And Dance which was overplayed so much. Everything is good, however, sometimes it got on my nerve when I hear it. To be honest, I hoped this reached #1 if it blocked out bad songs like Never Be The Same

9. Bebe Rexha ft. Florida Georgia Line-Meant To Be (0/5; Crap) Peak: #1, 1 week
Vocals are trash, lyrics are shit and the production is a tiny bit better than Don't Go Breaking My Heart, but it's still bad. The only thing I'll give this is stopping The Middle for that one week, but that didn't last long. Great attempt Bebe on making a super-trashy pop-"country" song.

8. Taylor Swift-Delicate (0/5; Crap) Peak: #1, 3 weeks
Where do I start? This is one of Taylor's worst songs, though the majority is bad. Somehow this became big everywhere which is stupid. Her vocals are bad so I don't see how this is good, and the production blew me away on had bad it was, normally that's the only reason I like songs from Taylor Swift.

7. Hailee Steinfeld, Alesso ft. Florida Georgia Line, Watt-Let Me Go (5/5; Great) Peak: #1, 1 week
Very phenomenal, well-done guys. The lyrics are great from both and so are the vocals. Alesso's and Watt's production is great and give that little EDM/Dance element to it. I would've like it to say longer.

6. Ed Sheeran-Perfect (4/5; Good) Peak: #1, 1 week (1 more in 2017)
Everything about this song is great. The vocals and lyrics are awesome. However, the production could be better and the beat is too slow though it is a love ballad. Another reason it's at four instead of five is that overplaying at the beginning of the year. No comment on the peak, we all saw it coming.

5. 5 Seconds Of Summer-Youngblood (1/5; Trash) Peak: #1, 5 weeks
This song is really bad. I don't like the vocals and to be honest, this is very forgettable and boring. The production is only decent and the radio kept playing it especially Hits 1. I would take Want You Back over this any day. This song didn't deserve a 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th week up at #1.

4. Panic! At The Disco-High Hopes (5/5; Great) Peak: #1, 8 weeks
This is a great song from P!ATD. The production is nicely done and I do like the vocals to this. The beat is very catchy and makes you want to dance from the first beat to the last. It maybe would've been better without all that overplay. Surprised it didn't rank above next two with those amazing eight weeks under its belt.

3. Panic! At The Disco-Say Amen (Saturday Night) (5.5/5; Amazing) Peak: #1, 4 weeks
Literally, everything from High Hopes is this, except that last sentence. Vocals, lyrics, production, beat all amazing. Its longevity is probably why this is ranked higher than its predecessor, High Hopes.

2. Imagine Dragons-Whatever It Takes (5/5; Great) Peak: #1, 1 week
Good thing this is higher than Thunder. Everything is way better, vocals, production, and lyrics. The beat is the star though I really like and its very upbeat and fun to listen to. Though it was at the top spot for #1 week, insane longevity made it work. Should've stayed maybe another week at #1.  

1. Zedd ft. Maren Morris, Grey-The Middle (3/5; Okay) Peak: #1, 9 weeks
This song was so overplayed I'm not joking and yet it still didn't hit #1 on Billboard. Anyways, Zedd and Grey did way better on Starving, this is just super generic and gets really annoying. Anyways, Hits 1 stanned this song hard. 9 weeks, damn that's way too much for a generic song like this.


Anyways, this is your Top 45 for Hits 1 of 2018. Soon enough I will have My Top 50 songs of 2018 out so watch maybe this weekend or next week, I dunno. Anyways, enjoy your day and hope The Middle dropouts from Hits 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment