Friday, December 28, 2018

Hits 1 Weekend Countdown, Week of December 22, 2018 The Chainsmokers, Kelsea Ballerini (2)


Hello, again to a decently late Hits 1 post. Can't say much, but a decent amount of debuts, so dropouts, please.
Dropouts:
Imagine Dragons-Whatever It Takes (#31) (1 week at #1)
Shawn Mendes ft. Zedd-Lost In Japan (Remix) (#33)
Lady Gaga & Bradley Cooper-Shallow (#37)
Taylor Swift-Delicate (#43) (3 weeks at #1)
Calvin Harris ft. Sam Smith-Promises (#45)

#45-Shawn Mendes-In My Blood (#44) (-1) (2 weeks at #1)
#44-NOTD ft. Bea Miller-I Wanna Know (#38) (-6)
#43-George Ezra-Shotgun (#41) (-2)
#42-Bazzi ft. Camila Cabello-Beautiful (Remix) (#42) (=)
#41-Twenty One Pilots-My Blood (#21) (-20)
#40-Zedd ft. Maren Morris, Grey-The Middle (#40) (=) (9 weeks at #1)
#39-Steve Aoki ft. BTS-Waste It On Me (DEBUT)
#38-Charlie Puth-The Way I Am (#39) (+1)
#37-Mark Ronson ft. Miley Cyrus-Nothing Breaks Like A Heart (DEBUT)
#36-Panic! At The Disco-Say Amen (Saturday Night) (#34) (-2) (4 weeks at #1)
#35-Silk City ft. Dua Lipa-Electricity (#36) (+1)
#34-James Arthur-Empty Space (DEBUT)
#33-The Chainsmokers ft. Emily Warren-Side Effects (#26) (-7) 
#32-Lauv ft. Julia Michaels-There's No Way (#25) (-7)
#31-David Guetta ft. Anne-Marie-Don't Leave Me Alone (#24) (-7)
#30-Backstreet Boys-Don't Go Breaking My Heart (#27) (-3)
#29-Selena Gomez-Back To You (#28) (-1)
#28-Twenty One Pilots-Chlorine (DEBUT)
#27-Ellie Goulding & Diplo ft. Swae Lee-Close To Me (DEBUT)
#26-Shawn Mendes-Nervous (#19) (-7)
#25-Little Mix ft. Nicki Minaj-Woman Like Me (#22) (-3)
#24-Maroon 5 ft. Cardi B-Girls Like You (#29) (+5)
#23-Lauren Jauregui-Expectations (#32) (+9)
#22-Olly Murs ft. Snoop Dogg-Moves (#35) (+13)
#21-Bebe Rexha-I'm A Mess (#12) (-9)
#20-Natural-Imagine Dragons (#6) (-14) (1 week at #1)
#19-Ariana Grande-breathin' (#7) (-12)
#18-lovelytheband-broken (#15) (-3)
#17-Camila Cabello-Consequences (#20) (+3)
#16-The Struts ft. Kesha-Body Talks (#17) (+1)
#15-Ava Max-Sweet But Psycho (#30) (+15)
#14-Alec Benjamin-Let Me Down Slowly (#23) (+9)
#13-benny blanco ft. Halsey, Khalid-Eastside (#15) (+2)
#12-Dan + Shay-Tequila (#13) (+1)
#11-Post Malone & Swae Lee-Sunflower (#14) (+3)
#10-Ariana Grande-thank u, next (#16) (+6)
#9-Panic! At The Disco-Hey Look Ma, I Made It (#11) (+2)
#8-Anne-Marie-2002 (#9) (+1)
#7-Fall Out Boy-The Last Of The Real Ones (#8) (+1) (2 weeks at #1) 
#6-Khalid ft. Normani-Love Lies (#10) (+4)
#5-5 Seconds Of Summer-Youngblood (#3) (-2) (5 weeks at #1)
#4-Halsey-Without Me (#5) (+1)
#3-Marshmello ft. Bastille-Happier (#4) (+1) (2 weeks at #1)
#2-Panic! At The Disco-High Hopes (#2) (=) (8 weeks at #1)
#1-The Chainsmokers ft. Kelsea Ballerini-This Feeling (#1) (=) (2nd week at #1)

Biggest Jump Of The Week-Sweet But Psycho-Ava Max (+15)
Biggest DROP! Of The Week-My Blood-Twenty One Pilots (-20)

#1 Song This Week One Year Ago-Perfect-Ed Sheeran (if Beyonce was in this version I shall not mention as she was worthless in that song and made it worse) (1st week out of 2 weeks)

New Entrants
~Well starting off these debuts we have Waste It On Me by what's seeming to be a terrible Steve Aoki and the overrated BTs whom shall I call K-POP thanks to Youtube Rewind 2018 (you fucked that up big time). Anyways, I think BTS should stick to Korean because I don't like the vocals, and I say the production is pretty bad here. The lyrics are fine, but them singing, I can't understand I only hear like 3/7 people from BTS in there. Prediction is a peak of maybe #28-#30 and on the charts for maybe at most 6 weeks.

~Next is Nothing Breaks Like A Heart by Mark Ronson and Miley Cyrus. This song blah, I don't really care. Miley's vocals are decent the lyrics, however, are pretty good. Mark is okay in this production. However, we can all agree unless you're a HUGE Miley stan that this a decent step down from Uptown Funk. However, I do see this song taking the biggest jump of the week may be in a week or 2. Prediction is a peak of #9-#12 and here for a good 4 months.

~Next is James Arthur with Empty Space. This is a step down from Say You Won't Let Go, but I'm actually starting to like this song. I think the vocals are good and the lyrics are too. However, the only thing I don't like is that trap music, it just doesn't fit well with his more ballad type of voice. Prediction is a peak of #16 and here for like 5 months maybe even 6 (I can totally see this lasting for some time).

~Chlorine is a chemical that for some reason Twenty One Pilots decided to write about. This is just downright bad. The lyrics are weird and uncalled for and the song is LONG, I just can't listen to the whole song anymore. This is a step down from My Blood, even though that is bad too. I just feel like Tyler and Joseph just get more mediocre with every song they decide to make. Prediction is a peak of #17-#20 here for maybe 2 months.

~Finally, we have Close To Me by Ellie Goulding, Diplo, and Swae L-, oh wait they took him out, that is not very cash money of Hits 1 to do that. Anyways, if you see My Top 20 posts you know this whole thing. Ellie's great with her part especially with a comeback like that. Diplo is great with his production though it does start to fade on you. Finally, we have Swae's part which makes the song better. His vocals and the melodies he has, he's a rapper that CAN sing.
However, since Hits 1 is not cash money, they put Ellie's second verse in which is worse than Swae's part, a rapper's part which is not good, but amazing at the same time. I mean normally the songs are better without rappers, however, this song manages to be amazing with a rapper (just to remind you its 2018). Anyways, back to verse, it doesn't fit well with the rhythm and the ending of one the lines are rushed and just sound weird. Prediction is a peak of maybe #9-#12 and here for maybe half a year (6 months if you can't do the math).

Blurbs To Me
~Wow, In My Blood and Shotgun are still here, I mean I don't really care, it's just that they're spending some time there along with Beautiful.

~Haven't really said much about Back To You, Side Effects, The Way I Am, and Electricity, at this point there just here on the countdown.

~At this point the new Hits 1 trend is that debuts tend to shoot high after their debut week, I mean Expectations up 9, Moves up 13, and finally Sweet But Psycho up 15 which also takes the biggest jump of the week.

~Speaking of Expectations it seems Hits 1 is pushing most of all of the Fifth Harmony's members' songs. If you look at it Consequences moves up a small amount, Expectations nears that Top 20, and Love Lies strangely going up to #6, I thought Love Lies time here was done, guess not.

~Also seems like Hey Look Ma, I Made It actually made worthwhile of its biggest jump actually going up this week instead of dropping like it did before its other biggest jump a couple weeks ago.

~It also seems like Girls Like You likes to take big drops and then rebounds to just show that it's capable of doing unlike a song like My Blood taking a huge drop into the Bottom 5 likely due to Chlorine's debut, but I do think this is the end of the line for My Blood.

~I also think it is the end of the line for I Wanna Know as it finally drops Bottom 5.

~Speaking of dropping can Tequila start dropping and Don't Go Breaking My Heart keep going on this trend of a downward spiral its time is long gone. However, in order for Tequila to fall hard, then Speechless must debut which I say is better than Tequila and also that's just Hits 1 logic one person's song can't drop until another of their debuts as shown clearly by Twenty One Pilots this week.

~We also have some notable drops from I'm A Mess, breathin' after its short time in the Top 10 and Natural strangely, it seems like Hits 1 putting some twists and turns for this very predictable roller coaster ride.

~As far as exits go, good riddance to Promises and Delicate, both were absolute trash. On the flipside, Lost In Japan was a great song that fades fast and obviously flopped hard on here and everywhere in general. Whatever It Takes had a nice run here and I think it was its time to leave this county called Hits 1. Shallow was just here on the countdown after that decent drop about a month back. Really the only one I'll miss here is Lost In Japan even though I do like Whatever It Takes.

HitBound (This is put in order of favorite to least favorite therefore no need to do that Top 5/Bottom 5 HitBound thing)
Dean Lewis-Be Alright
Seeb ft. Bastille-Grip 
Stephen Puth-Sexual Vibe (DEBUT)
Arvil Lavinge-Tell Me Its Over (DEBUT)
Zara Larsson-Ruin My Life
Alessia Cara-Trust My Lonely
benny blanco & Calvin Harris-I Found You (DEBUT)
Khalid-Better
Dan + Shay-Speechless
lovelytheband-Maybe, I'm Afraid (DEBUT)
Pitbull & Rhea-Ocean To Ocean (DEBUT)
Lauren Daigle-You Say
Imagine Dragons-Machine

New Trainees
I call new entrants on HitBound '"trainees" because they are like "practicing" to go on the "battlefield" known as Hits 1. Most will make it, but a select few may not make it.

~First I'll do a quick overview of Grip since I didn't cover it last week. Grip is a nice song the production is better than Happier, but the vocals from Dan are way better than the ones in Happier. I normally go more in-depth if it makes the countdown, though I can see this song making it.

~First up this week is Sexual Vibe by Charlie's brother, Steven. This song is great though he sounds a bit flat. The production is great and I can see this making the countdown soon.

~Next is Tell Me Its Over by Arvil Lavinge. This is another song she recently released which makes the predecessor of Head Above Water which I'm surprised Hits 1 didn't pick it up. Anyways, her vocals are great and so is the production, I hope this makes the countdown, though I do see it debuting soon.

~Next is I Found You by two great producers, benny blanco, and Calvin Harris. The vocals are kind of repetitive, but the production is pretty good. This technically the predecessor to Eastside, which is better than this song for sure. On Calvin's terms, this would somewhat be the predecessor to Promises which would be a huge step up from that piece of crap. I can see this debuting too.

~Maybe, I'm Afraid is by the "upcoming" band, lovelytheband. The song is pretty decent only because its super forgettable. The vocals do get annoying after some time, but the production is nice. This has a chance of debuting only because they found broken so good that they might throw this up here.

~Finally is Ocean To Ocean by Pitbull and Rhea. This song is a cover of Africa which Weezer totally fucked up. This song is not much better though. Speeding the music of Africa and making it sound like trap just ruins its originators, Toto. Rhea is decent and that's really why its red & blue. Also, I don't see why Pitbull is needed here at the moment. Since Hits 1 stans Africa and especially covers of it, this song may debut before any of the debuts this week on HitBound because its a cover of Africa, of course, Hits 1 gonna love it to death.

Top 20 Review
0-Crap
20. Halsey-Without Me
19. Dan + Shay-Tequila

1-Bad
18. 5 Seconds Of Summer-Youngblood
17. Fall Out Boy-The Last Of The Real Ones

2-Mediocre
16. lovelytheband-broken

3-Decent
15. Khalid ft. Normani-Love Lies
14. Post Malone & Swae Lee-Sunflower
13. Panic! At The Disco-Hey Look Ma, I Made It
12. Anne-Marie-2002

4-Good
11. Marshmello ft. Bastille-Happier
10. benny blanco ft. Khalid, Halsey-Eastside
9. The Struts ft. Kesha-Body Talks
8. Imagine Dragons-Natural
7. The Chainsmokers ft. Kelsea Ballerini-This Feeling

5-Great
6. Ariana Grande-breathin'
5. Camila Cabello-Consequences
4. Ariana Grande-thank u, next
3. Panic! At The Disco-High Hopes
2. Ava Max-Sweet But Psycho
1. Alec Benjamin-Let Me Down Slowly

Throwback Pick Of The Week-Santa Claus Is Coming To Town-Jackson 5 (1970)

Most Missed Countdown Song-Avicii ft. Aloe Blacc-Wake Me Up

Most Missed HitBound Dropout-All Night-Big Boi

#1 Recommendation for Hits 1-Happy Now-Kygo ft. Sandro Cavassa

Favorite Song On Countdown One Year Ago-Havana-Camila Cabello (#2)

My Bottom 5 Countdown Picks
1. Don't Go Breaking My Heart-Backstreet
2. Nervous-Shawn Mendes
3. Without Me-Halsey
4. Tequila-Dan + Shay
5. Chlorine-Twenty One Pilots

My Top 5 Countdown Picks
1. Moves-Olly Murs ft. Snoop Dogg
2. Let Me Down Slowly-Alec Benjamin
3. Close To Me-Ellie Goulding & Diplo ft. Swae Lee
4. Sweet But Psycho-Ava Max
5. High Hopes-Panic! At The Disco


No comments:

Post a Comment