Friday, December 21, 2018

Hits 1 Weekend Countdown, Week of December 15, 2018 The Chainsmokers, Kelsea Ballerini (1)

How do I start? My Top 20 seems to be failing. Should I stop? Should I keep going? To be honest I don't know. If you don't like it then tell me why. Is it because I'm a stan to Alan Walker? I'm pretty sure some of you are tired of him. Seriously though, please tell me if I should continue, I don't want to make something that no one will look at.

Anyways, this week we have dropouts, new entrants to both Hitbound and the Top 45 and a new #1! I'm not sure when my next year-end will be out, but I hope soon. Anyways, dropouts.
Dropouts:
Loud Luxury & brando-Body (#34)
Big Mistake-Alex Aiono (#36)
God Is A Woman-Ariana Grande (#45)

Last Week's #1-Youngblood-5 Seconds Of Summer (5th Week at #1)
#45-Calvin Harris ft. Sam Smith- Promises (#43) (-2)
#44-Shawn Mendes- In My Blood (#44) (=)
#43-Taylor Swift- Delicate (#42) (-1) (3 weeks at #1)
#42-Bazzi ft. Camila Cabello- Beautiful (Remix) (#41) (-1) 
#41-Shotgun- George Ezra (#37) (-4)
#40-Zedd ft. Maren Morris, Grey- The Middle (#38) (-2) (9 weeks at #1)
#39-Charlie Puth- The Way I Am (#39) (=)
#38-NOTD ft. Bea Miller- I Wanna Know (#40) (+2)
#37-Lady Gaga & Bradley Cooper- Shallow (#33) (-4)
#36-Silk City ft. Dua Lipa- Electricity (#30) (-6)
#35-Olly Murs ft. Snoop Dogg- Moves (DEBUT)
#34-Panic! At The Disco- Say Amen (Saturday Night) (#35) (+1) (4 weeks at #1)
#33-Shawn Mendes ft. Zedd- Lost in Japan (Remix) (#32) (-1)
#32-Laruen Jauregui- Expectations (DEBUT)
#31-Imagine Dragons- Whatever It Takes (#31) (=) (1 week at #1)
#30-Ava Max- Sweet But Psycho (DEBUT)
#29-Maroon 5 ft. Cardi B- Girls Like You (#20) (-9)
#28-Selena Gomez- Back To You (#28) (=)
#27-Backstreet Boys- Don't Go Breaking My Heart (#25) (-2)
#26-The Chainsmokers ft. Emily Warren- Side Effects (#26) (=)
#25-Lauv ft. Julia Michaels- There's No Way (#29) (+4)
#24-David Guetta ft. Anne-Marie- Don't Leave Me Alone (#22) (-2)
#23-Alec Benjamin- Let Me Down Slowly (#27) (+4)
#22-Little Mix ft. Nicki Minaj- Woman Like Me (#19) (-3)
#21-Twenty One Pilots- My Blood (#18) (-3)
#20-Camila Cabello- Consequences (#16) (-4)
#19-Shawn Mendes- Nervous (#13) (-6)
#18-benny blanco ft. Halsey, Khalid- Eastside (#24) (+6)
#17-The Struts ft. Kesha- Body Talks (#15) (-2)
#16-Ariana Grande- thank u, next (#21) (+5)
#15-lovelytheband- broken (#11) (-4)
#14-Post Malone & Swae Lee- Sunflower (#17) (+3)
#13-Dan + Shay- Tequila (#9) (-4)
#12-Bebe Rexha- I'm A Mess (#14) (+2)
#11-Panic! At The Disco- Hey Look Ma, I Made It (#23) (+12)
#10-Khalid ft. Normani- Love Lies (#10) (=)
#9-Anne-Marie- 2002 (#8) (-1)
#8-Fall Out Boy- The Last Of The Real Ones (#7) (-1) (2 weeks at #1)
#7-Ariana Grande- breathin' (#12) (+5)
#6-Imagine Dragons- Natural (#5) (-1) (1 week at #1)
#5-Halsey- Without Me (#6) (+1)
#4-Marshmello ft. Bastille- Happier (#4) (=) (2 weeks at #1)
#3-5 Seconds Of Summer- Youngblood (#1) (-2) (5 weeks at #1)
#2-Panic! At The Disco- High Hopes (#3) (+1) (8 weeks at #1)
#1-The Chainsmokers ft. Kelsea Ballerini (#2) (+1) (1st week at #1)

Biggest Jump- Panic! At The Disco- Hey Look Ma, I Made It (+12)
Biggest Drop- Maroon 5 ft. Cardi B- Girls Like You (-9)

#1 Song This Week One Year Ago- Camila Cabello ft. Young Thug- Havana (1st week out of 1)


New Entrants

~First is Moves. This song is really good as I never heard a song from Olly for a while. His vocals are great, and I think his voice has changed a little beat. I like the music and lyrics so it's great. Prediction: Peak: #20-#23 Weeks: 7

~Next is Expectations. To me, it's slow and boring. However, I do like her voice here, but the vocals get repetitive after some time. I think Hits 1 will make it soar considering they pushed Camila and Normani so hard up the list. Prediction: Peak: Solid #14 Weeks: 14

~Finally is the hypnotizing Sweet But Psycho. I call it "hypnotizing" because you hate it at first, but then it puts you in a trance so you now love it. Anyways, you know it made My Top 20, so quick summary. The music is catchy, her vocals are great, and the lyrics are pretty true in some respects. Also, it was a quick debut so it might do well here. Prediction: Peak: #8-#5 Weeks: 19


Blurbs But Psycho

~Still surprised that In My Blood, Beautiful, and Shotgun are still here.

~Looks like we haven't seen the last of Hey Look Ma, I Made It as it took another big jump back in the Top 20.

~Hopefully we've seen the end of Delicate and Promises.

~Seems like Ariana is inching and inching closer to that #1 spot as breathin' out peaked God Is A Woman and thank u, next doesn't show signs of slowing down.

~I like how Hits 1 likes to recognize little-known artists for some time. I know that Big Mistake dropped out, but now it seems like that Let Me Down Slowly is its predecessor, I mean it out peaked so yeah.

~Can Nervous and Tequila please leave the Top 43?

~Let me join the rant and ask, how is I Wanna Know still on here?

~Listening to #s 15-9 was a decent experience overall.

~The exits were pretty decent. Body was obnoxious and I hated it. Farewell to God Is A Woman, it had a nice run and peaked pretty high. Finally, Big Mistake, this song is a bop and it will be missed greatly, it deserved more, but I figured it wouldn't last long.

HitBound
Dan + Shay- Speechless
Alessia Cara- Trust My Lonely
Twenty-One Pilots- Chlorine
Seeb ft. Bastille- Grip (DEBUT)
Zara Larsson- Ruin My Life
Imagine Dragons- Machine
Steve Aoki ft. BTS- Waste It On Me
Dean Lewis- Be Alright
Ellie Goulding & Diplo ft. Swae Lee- Close To Me
Mark Ronson ft. Miley Cyrus- Nothing Breaks Like A Heart
James Arthur- Empty Space
Charli XCX ft. Troye Sivan- 1999 (DEBUT)
Khalid- Better
Lauren Daigle- You Say (DEBUT)
5 Seconds of Summer- Killer Queen

~Grip I haven't heard so yeah. However, considering how Happier got here, I'm going to say this has a slim chance of a debut by the past with Hits 1.

~Let's go to Nothing Breaks Like A Heart. It debuted when I didn't post the Hitbounds so yeah I'll tell it here. This is pretty decent. I don't see why it's good nor bad. Mark and Miley are both decent it what they do. At one moment I thought Miley was Lady Gaga.

~You Say... Lauren Daigle is okay. To be honest, its to slow for me. I think she trying to copy Adele which is inimitable so yeah the song is could care less. I can see this being a HitBound dropout or it debuting.

~Finally is 1999. I like both parts of both singers. I'm not a big fan of Troye, but he is better here. Again I don't care where this song goes, but there is a high chance considering that past Troye songs have made it.


My Top 5 HitBound Picks
1. Dean Lewis- Be Alright
2. Ellie Goulding & Diplo ft. Swae Lee- Close To Me
3. Alessia Cara- Trust My Lonely
4. Zara Larsson- Ruin My Life
5. NONE

My Bottom 5 HitBound Picks
1. Imagine Dragons- Machine
2. Steve Aoki ft. BTS- Waste It On Me
3. James Arthur- Empty Space
4. Twenty-One Pilots- Chlorine
5. Lauren Daigle- You Say

Top 20 Review
0-Garbage
20. Halsey- Without Me
19. Shawn Mendes- Nervous
18. Dan + Shay- Tequila

1-Bad
17. 5 Seconds Of Summer- Youngblood

2-Mediocre
16. Fall Out Boy- The Last Of The Real Ones

3-Decent
15. broken- lovelytheband
14. Bebe Rexha- I'm A Mess
13. Post Malone & Swae Lee- Sunflower
12. Anne-Marie- 2002
11. Panic! At The Disco- Hey Look Ma, I Made It
10. Marshmello ft. Bastille- Happier
9. Imagine Dragons- Natural

4-Good
8. Khalid ft. Normani- Love Lies
7. benny blanco ft. Halsey, Khalid- Eastside
6. The Struts ft. Kesha- Body Talks

5-Great
5. The Chainsmokers ft. Kelsea Ballerini- This Feeling
4. Ariana Grande- breathin'
3. Camila Cabello- Consequences
2. Panic! At The Disco- High Hopes
1. Ariana Grande- thank u, next

Final Score- 61/100- 61% (F)

Throwback Pick Of The Week- Complicated- Arvil Lavinge (2002)

Most Missed Countdown Song- Big Mistake- Alex Aiono

Most Missed HitBound Dropout- All Night- Big Boi

#1 Recommendation for Hits 1- Hurts Like Hell- Madison Beer ft. Offset (though I doubt they'll include him)

Favorite Song On Countdown One Year Ago- Havana- Camila Cabello (#1) and Galway Girl (#7)

My Bottom 5 Bottom Countdown Picks
1 TIE. Backstreet Boys- Don't Go Breaking My Heart
1 TIE. Taylor Swift- Delicate
3. Halsey- Without Me
4. Shawn Mendes- Nervous
5. Dan + Shay- Tequila

My Top 5 Countdown Picks
1. Ava Max- Sweet But Psycho
2. Ariana Grande- thank u, next
3. Little Mix ft. Nicki Minaj- Woman Like Me
4. Alec Benjamin- Let Me Down Slowly
5. Panic! At The Disco- High Hopes


2 comments:

  1. heyyyyyy nice post :)))))))))))))))) my personal favorite song on the podacat is brokin or the laASS of the RREAL ONES ;))F))))))))))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So you're a big Alternative fan?
      I'm a big Electronic/Dance Music Fan

      Delete