Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Hits 1 Weekend Countdown, Week of March 9, 2019 Panic! At The Disco (1)

Hello again. This week wasn't fun so two weeks in a row for Hits 1 and the voters being female dogs. Anyways, I hope that ends. My rankdown is now three weeks away until the deadline hits. The link to it is here just in case you somehow can't press the button above. Anyways, here are the dropouts.
Dropouts:
  • David Guetta/Anne-Marie- Don't Leave Me Alone (#27) [#15] 
  •  Mark Ronson/Miley Cyrus- Nothing Breaks Like A Heart (#36) [#22] 
  •  Fall Out Boy- The Last Of The Real Ones (#42) [#1, 2 weeks]
The Countdown
Last Week's #1: The Chainsmokers/Kelsea Ballerini- This Feeling (7th week)

45. lovelytheband- broken (#44; -1) [#10]
44. Bebe Rexha- I'm A Mess (#45; +1) [#3]
43. Charlie Puth- The Way I Am (#43; =) [#4]
42. George Ezra- Shotgun (#40; -2) [#12]
41. Jennifer Lopez- Limitless (#41; =) [#40]
40. Backstreet Boys- Don't Go Breaking My Heart (#38; -2) [#3]
39. Travis Scott- SICKO MODE (#39; =) [#37]
38. Imagine Dragons- Natural (#37; -1) [#1, 1 week]
37. Lauv/Troye Sivan- i'm so tired... (DEBUT) [#37]
36. Maroon 5/Cardi B- Girls Like You (#35; -1) [#4]
35. Post Malone- Wow. (DEBUT) [#35]
34. Stephen Puth- Sexual Vibe (#32; -2) [#15]
33. grandson- apologize (DEBUT) [#33]
32. Jake Miller- Wait For You (#34; +2) [#30]
31. Sabrina Carpenter- Sue Me (#26; -5) [#22]
30. Khalid/Normani- Love Lies (#29; -1) [#2]
29. 5 Seconds Of Summer- Youngblood (#28; -1) [#1, 5 weeks]
28. Zedd/Katy Perry- 365 (#30; +2) [#28] *New Peak*
27. Lil Peep/iLoveMakonnen/Fall Out Boy- I've Been Waiting (#31; +4) [#27] *New Peak*
26. Lauren Daigle- You Say (#33; +7) [#20]
25. Ariana Grande- thank u, next (#17; -8) [#5]
24. Seeb/BΔSTILLE- Grip (#24; =) [#16]
23. Khalid- Better (#21; -2) [#18]
22. Kelsea Ballerini- Miss Me More (#22; =) [#22]
21. Anne-Marie- 2002 (#15; -6) [#3]
20. Imagine Dragons- Bad Liar (#26; +6) [#20] *New Peak*
19. Avril Lavinge- Tell Me Its Over (#12; -7) [#12]
18. Post Malone/Swae Lee- Sunflower (#19; +1) [#11]
17. Dan + Shay- Speechless (#18; +1) [#15]
16. Cardi B/Bruno Mars- Please Me (#23; +7) [#16] *New Peak*
15. The Chainsmokers/5 Seconds Of Summer- Who Do You Love (#20; +5) [#15] *New Peak*
14. Benny Blanco/Khalid/Halsey- Eastside (#13; -1) [#6]
13. Dean Lewis- Be Alright (#16; +3) [#13] *New Peak*
12. Sam Smith/Normani- Dancing With A Stranger (#11; -1) [#11]
11. TWENTY ØNE PILØTS- Chlorine (#14; +3) [#11] *New Peak*
10. Ellie Goulding/Diplo/Swae Lee- Close To Me (#7; -3) [#7]
9. Panic! At The Disco- High Hopes (#8; -1) [#1, 8 weeks]
8. Ariana Grande- 7 Rings (#9; +1) [#8] *New Peak*
7. Dan + Shay- Tequila (#10; +3) [#7]
6. Ava Max- Sweet But Psycho (#3; -3) [#3]
5. Alec Benjamin- Let Me Down Slowly (#4; -1) [#4]
4. Halsey- Without Me (#5; +1) [#1, 5 weeks]
3. Marshmello/BΔSTILLE- Happier (#6; +3) [#1, 2 weeks]
2. The Chainsmokers/Kelsea Ballerini- This Feeling (#1; -1) [#1, 7 weeks]
1. Panic! At The Disco- Hey Look Ma, I Made It (#2; +1) [#1, 1st week] *New Peak*

Biggest Jump- Lauren Daigle- You Say AND Cardi B/Bruno Mars- Please Me (+7)
Biggest DROP- Ariana Grande- thank u, next (-8)

#1 Song This Week One Year Ago- Zedd/Maren Morris/Grey- The Middle (2nd/9 weeks)

New Entrants
~First will be i'm so tired. The only thing that clicks with me is the okay production and the catchy chorus because I've had that stuck in my head. I mean it's a song with Lauv and Troye Sivan what are you going to get out of it? Anyways, I could care less for the song it's okay, but can easily hit red, but green is super slim.

~Next is Wow. So this song is okay too. Post is okay, but the weird production and the weird lyrics make the song weird. That chorus gets stuck in your head and that makes the song click, but not fully. This is a step down from Better Now, which is ultimately Post's best song in my opinion. Again, I could care less on where this could be going because it could be pushed, but not too far.

~Finally, we have apologize. Now this song is a mess. The production is messy, the vocals are grating to a degree, and I don't like the feel you get off the song. It's just some rip-off rock band that tries to go big. To be honest, I don't find this appealing at all, but it could go blue considering that I've only heard it a couple of times. However, I do think this'll flop.

Best entrant of the week: Post Malone- Wow.
Worst entrant of the week: grandson- apologize

Got Me Saying "Blurb."
~In terms of drops. I'm surprised of the dip of thank u, next because those votes are falling and falling. Again, we blame this on 7 Rings.

~Anne-Marie hasn't had it well, 2002 is falling which is good because geez that song is overdue.

~Sexual Vibe needs to stay, I don't understand why it's flopping, You Say rebounded can Sexual Vibe do the same, please.

~Girls Like You, Don't Go Breaking My Heart and broken aren't gone yet which surprises me, though I think the former will stick around for some more time.

~Jumps are okay Tequila and Happier shouldn't be coming back. Chlorine, Who Do You Love, I've Been Waiting, Please Me, Bad Liar, and Be Alright are fine and swell.

~When it comes to Top 10, I'm surprised songs rebounded. However, Sweet But Psycho surprisingly fell below Let Me Down Slowly which is surprising. I'm guessing it's really the voters keeping this up.

~As far as exits, Don't Leave Me Alone was overdue when it debuted and was just here though it got somewhere. Nothing Breaks Like A Heart was an ABSOLUTE flop everywhere so it makes sense it did on here, but I thought it had more fight overall. Finally, The Last Of The Real Ones. The song got very far, but ultimately it got on my nerves sometime, so I'm sort of happy it's gone.

HitBound

  • Jonas Brothers- Sucker
  • Bebe Rexha- Last Hurrah (DEBUT)
  • Austin Brown- In Betweenin'
  • Arvil Lavinge/Nicki Minaj- Dumb Blonde (DEBUT)
  • LSD/Lil' Wayne- Genius (Remix)
  • Kygo/Valerie Broussard- Think About You
  • Panic! At The Disco- Dancing's Not A Crime
  • P!nk- Walk Me Home
  • YUNGBLUD/Halsey/Travis Barker- 11 Minutes
  • Billie Eilish- bury a friend (DEBUT)
  • Madison Beer/Offset- Hurts Like Hell
  • Louis Tomilson- Two Of Us (DEBUT)
  • Ally Brooke/Tyga- Low Key
  • Meghan Trainor- All The Ways
  • Maren Morris- GIRL
  • lovelytheband- maybe, im afraid
  • Kelsy Karter- Harry
New Trainees
~First will be Dumb Blonde. This song I like better than Tell Me Its Over. The production keeps the song up and running and the song really brings back that 2000's pop style music. Avril is great and Nicki is too, but that production saves it.

~Next is Last Hurrah. Compared to I'm A Mess, it's at the same level for me at least. The vocals are about the same, but the lyrical content here is better than the prior, but the prior has better production than in here. Therefore, it's at a standstill, but a great song nevertheless.

~Next is bury a friend. Now, I like Billie as a person and she is, but god she bores the hell out of me with her music. She sounds lifeless (which is her aim), but geez can you not ruin well-produced music with your boring voice? Anyways, when I first heard it, I hated it. Now it's stuck in my head because I realize the pre-chorus and the production are pretty good overall. Other than this, the songs that surpass this is idontwanttobeyouanymore and possibly Ocean Eyes.

~Finally, we have Two Of Us. This song is decent at first listen. The production bores the song for me, and that is really why it's blue. It just doesn't click, though everything else is great.

Predictions
Debuts:
  • Jonas Brothers- Sucker (#21)
Dropouts:
  • Travis Scott- SICKO MODE (#39) [#37]
Next Week's #45: lovelytheband- broken (#45)
Next Week's #1: Ava Max- Sweet But Psycho (#6) [1st week]

New HitBound Entries:
  • NOTD/Felix Jaehn/Captain Cuts/Georgia Ku- So Close
  • Ariana Grande- break up with your girlfriend, i'm bored
  • Fletcher- UNDRUNK
Throwback Pick Of The Week- John Lennon- Imagine (1971)

Most Missed Countdown Song- Alex Aiono- Big Mistake

Most Missed HitBound Dropout- Rita Ora- Let You Love Me

#1 Recommendation for Hits 1: Marshmello/CHVRCHES- Here With Me

My Bottom 5 Countdown Picks
1. Backstreet Boys- Don't Go Breaking My Heart
2. Dan + Shay- Tequila
3. Jennifer Lopez- Limitless
4. Jake Miller- Wait For You
5. grandson- apologize

My Top 5 Countdown Picks
1. Lil Peep/iLoveMakonnen/Fall Out Boy- I've Been Waiting
2. The Chainsmokers/5 Seconds Of Summer- Who Do You Love
3. Ellie Goulding/Diplo/Swae Lee- Close To Me
4. Stephen Puth- Sexual Vibe
5. Zedd/Katy Perry- 365

2 comments:

  1. First.


    CC: I have to say Here with Me should be a great song and I love it a lot. Nice post by the way.

    ReplyDelete