Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Hits 1 Weekend Countdown, Week Of March 23, 2019 Panic! At The Disco (3)

Sorry for the later posts, again this is because I need some sleep. Also, my rankdown is due in a couple of days, but I think I'll need to extend it because people still need time. Anyways, I very hectic week which is another reason why it's out later so it'll probably be out Wednesday.
Dropouts:

  • Avril Lavinge- Tell Me Its Over (#30) [#11]
  • Lauren Daigle- You Say (#35) [#20]
  • Stephen Puth- Sexual Vibe (#38) [#15]
  • SeeB/BΔSTILLE- Grip (#39) [#16]
  • George Ezra- Shotgun (#41) [#12]
  • Jennifer Lopez- Litimless (#42) [#40]
  • lovelytheband- broken (#44) [#10]
The Countdown
Last Week's #1: Panic! At The Disco- Hey Look Ma, I Made It (2nd week)

45. Charlie Puth- The Way I Am (#43; -2) [#4]
44. Bebe Rexha- I'm A Mess (#45; +1) [#3]
43. Backstreet Boys- Don't Go Breaking My Heart (#40; -3) [#3]
42. Khalid/Normani- Love Lies (#34; -8) [#2]
41. Maroon 5/Cardi B- Girls Like You (#37; -4) [#4]
40. Post Malone- Wow. (#36; -4) [#35]
39. Kelsy Karter- Harry (DEBUT) [#39]
38. Zedd/Katy Perry- 365 (#32; -6) [#28]
37. Bradley Cooper/Lady Gaga- Shallow (RE-ENTRY) [#19]
36. Madison Beer/Offset- Hurts Like Hell (DEBUT) [#36]
35. LSD/Lil' Wayne- Genius (Remix) (DEBUT) [#35]
34. Sabrina Carpenter- Sue Me (#23; -11) [#22]
33. Imagine Dragons- Natural (#33; =) [#1, 1 week]
32. Maren Morris- GIRL (DEBUT) [#32]
31. Cardi B/Bruno Mars- Please Me (#31; =) [#15]
30. Meghan Trainor- All The Ways (DEBUT) [#30]
29. Lil Peep/iLoveMakonnen/Fall Ouy Boy- I've Been Waiting (#28; -1) [#27]
28. Ariana Grande- thank u, next (#26; -2) [#5]
27. Jake Miller- Wait For You (#29; +2) [#27] *New Peak*
26. grandson- apologize (#25; -1) [#25]
25. 5 Seconds Of Summer- Youngblood (#27; +2) [#1, 5 weeks]
24. Khalid- Better (#24; =) [#18]
23. YUNGBLUD/Halsey/Travis Barker- 11 Minutes (DEBUT) [#23]
22. Post Malone/Swae Lee- Sunflower (#16; -6) [#11]
21. Dan + Shay- Speechless (#22; +1) [#15]
20. Anne-Marie- 2002 (#21; +1) [#3]
19. Imagine Dragons- Bad Liar (#17; -2) [#17]
18. Lauv/Troye Sivan- i'm so tired... (#19; +1) [#18] *New Peak*
17. Kelsea Ballerini- Miss Me More (#18; +1) [#17] *New Peak*
16. TWENTY ØNE PILØTS- Chlorine (#20; +4) [#11]
15. Sam Smith/Normani- Dancing With A Stranger (#12; -3) [#11]
14. The Chainsmokers/5 Seconds Of Summer- Who Do You Love (#13; -1) [#13]
13. Benny Blanco/Khalid/Halsey- Eastside (#14; +1) [#6]
12. Dan + Shay- Tequila (#11; -1) [#7]
11. Ariana Grande- 7 Rings (#4; -7) [#4]
10. Panic! At The Disco- High Hopes (#9; -1) [#1, 8 weeks]
9. Ellie Goulding/Diplo/Swae Lee- Close To Me (#10; +1) [#7]
8. Dean Lewis- Be Alright (#15; +7) [#8] *New Peak*
7. The Chainsmokers/Kelsea Ballerini- This Feeling (#6; -1) [#1, 7 weeks]
6. Marshmello/B∆STILLE- Happier (#3; -3) [#1, 2 weeks]
5. Halsey- Without Me (#2; -3) [#1, 5 weeks]
4. Alec Benjamin- Let Me Down Slowly (#5; +1) [#4]
3. Ava Max- Sweet But Psycho (#6; +3) [#3]
2. Jonas Brothers- Sucker (#7; +5) [#2] *New Peak*
1. Panic! At The Disco- Hey Look Ma, I Made It (#1; =) [#1, 3rd week]

Biggest Jump- Dean Lewis- Be Alright (+7)
Biggest Drop-Sabrina Carpenter- Sue Me (-11)

#1 Song This Week One Year Ago- Zedd/Maren Morris/Grey- The Middle (3rd/9 weeks)

New Entrants
~First will be Harry. Ok so now this is just a bad to garbage song. I do like the verses, but that chorus and production really messes it up. It sounds like a pop-reject song from 2012. The screeching at the chorus ruins the whole thing. And to be honest, I don't Harry Styles would appreciate it. However, I'll say it's better than Tequila and Don't Go Breaking My Heart.

~Next is Hurts Like Hell. Now at first, this song was blue. However, the only redeeming thing is the production. I like the production in general though it very general type of production, it's fine with. Though Madison Beer doesn't show how vocally talented she is I can deal with it. Considering that they took Offset out of it, it can do better, but not as much as in chart placement.

~Next up is Genius. To start off, the only thing I like for the most part is Lil' Wayne which I'm surprised they put on the track. Like said, Wayne sounds good and so does Sia and Labrinth. However, Diplo's production can be better as I've seen do way better like on Powerful. Yes, I know he didn't fully produce it but, the production is a hell of a lot better on that track than this one.

~So now we have GIRL. So after some more listens it's a tiny bit better, but not a whole. I mean I like how Maren shows off her vocal range. However, the lyrical content and production are just bland and generic so it's not the best, but I'm chill with it.

~Ok so now is All The Ways. This song is really bad. I don't get what this is. I've liked Trainor before, but this kills everything. The lyrical content is stupid and generic, the production isn't focused on that much and is really bad. When it comes to her voice, she sticks on one tone and stays there, ignoring the fact that she has a voice. The motive of the song is pointless if it's a generic song.

~Finally is 11 Minutes. Of course, this is the highest debut, why? Because, Halsey. Therefore, this should do well. Anyways, on to the song, and to be honest Halsey's part is not all that bad. The production Barker gives is actually pretty nice and an uplifting beat that keeps the song going. YUNGBLUD is just here on the track so he might be the downfall to the song.

~Upon Shallow re-entering. I know that it's grown on me but doesn't mean it can back to blue or even red. Honestly, I don't how long it'll last week. However, with the radio having a second wind this could do better than the last run.

Best Debut Of The Week- Madison Beer/Offset- Hurts Like Hell

Worst Debut Of The Week- Kelsy Karter- Harry (not for long)

11 Blurbs
~At this point, songs like apologize and Wait For You are growing on me. The former may go green very soon and the latter, likely a blue.

~As I predicted Bad Liar isn't holding up but could take a jump next week.

~That jump from Be Alright was definitely unexpected. I honestly think it wouldn't get that far.

~Now the voters realize it's time to get rid of This Feeling and High Hopes.

~Miss Me More and i'm so tired are trying to get pushed hard, with the former, in which I know, will NOT hold up.

~In terms of drops, I don't know Sue Me is over and Love Lies is down n Bottom 5, but will likely take it's good ol' time down there.

~Speaking of Bottom 5 The Way I Am is still here, somehow.

~7 Rings plummets out of the Top 10 sort of like thank u, next a month back and breathin' before that too and maybe even God Is A Woman.

~I now conclude that every Ariana Grande song on this list is set up for a big chance whether it's Top 5 or #1, it'll get screwed last minute.

~Sucker could very well tie Hello for the biggest rise of to #1 ever tying for 3 weeks. However, Hey Look Ma, I Made It seems very stiff right now.

~I'm adding one more blurb just in case you guys don't consider #9 one. DON'T GO BREAKING MY HEART IS LEAVING NEXT WEEK.

~As far as exits, go, Sexual Vibe and Tell Me Its Over deserved to be on here though I'm satisfied with both peaks. Grip and You Say shouldn't have gotten that far up the list so I guess it's a good thing they're gone. Limitless was just pointless as it only peaked at #40. Shotgun had a very nice hitting #12 and chilling out on the list. We all can agree that at one point that was a low-key great song. Finally is broken, had a nice run, peak, and length to the point where it probably has taken a spot on the year-end list.

HitBound

  • Ava Max- So Am I (DEBUT)
  • Ariana Grande- break up with your girlfriend, i'm bored
  • Marshmello/CHRVCHES- Here With Me (DEBUT)
  • Austin Brown- In Betweenin'
  • NOTD/Felix Jaehn/Captain Cuts/Georgia Ku- So Close
  • Bebe Rexha- Last Hurrah
  • Arvil Lavinge/Nicki Minaj- Dumb Blonde
  • Kygo/Valerie Broussard- Think About You
  • P!nk- Walk Me Home
  • Panic! At The Disco- Dancing's Not A Crime
  • FLETCHER- Undrunk
  • Louis Tomilson- Two Of Us
  • Ally Brooke/Tyga- Low Key
  • lovelytheband- maybe, i'm afraid
New Trainees
~First will be Here With Me. Now, this is a very mellow song, which is not really good for me as a generalization of my music taste, but I like the beat drop though it may be very generic. When it comes to CHVRCHES they did a lot too and deserve it because you hear the vocals.

~Finally is So Am I. Instead of talking about it again I'll copy and paste. Now, this may be Sweet But Psycho 2.0, but I like this one better. This gets ever more stuck in your head, and the production is hella good. Though it may be looped throughout the song it's really good. Again, you can argue it's a bland song, but it's really good.


Predictions
Dropouts:
  • Sabrina Carpenter- Sue Me (#34) [#22]
  • Backstreet Boys- Don't Go Breaking My Heart (#43) [#3]
  • Charlie Puth- The Way I Am (#45) [#4]
Debuts:
  • Ariana Grande- break up with your girlfriend, i'm bored (#20)
  • P!nk- Walk Me Home (#34)
  • Billie Eilish- bury a friend (#37)
Next Week's #1: Jonas Brothers- Sucker (#2) [1st week]
Next Week's #45: Khalid/Normani- Love Lies (#42)

Biggest Jump: Maren Morris- GIRL (+13)
Biggest DROP: Anne-Marie- 2002 (-19)

HitBound Entrants:
  • Lizzo- Juice
HitBound Exits:
  • NONE
Most Missed Countdown Song- George Ezra- Shotgun

#1 Recommendation For Hits 1- Alan Walker/Sabrina Carpenter/Farruko- On My Way

Favorite Song This Year One Year Ago- Alan Walker/Noah Cyrus/Digital Farm Animals/Juliander- All Falls Down (#25)

My Bottom 5 Countdown Picks:
1. Backstreet Boys- Don't Go Breaking My Heart
2. Dan + Shay- Tequila
3. Kelsy Karter- Harry
4. Halsey- Without Me
5. Meghan Trainor- All The Ways

My Top 5 Countdown Picks
1. Jonas Brothers- Sucker
2. The Chainsmokers/5 Seconds Of Summer- Who Do You Love
3. Lil Peep/iLoveMakonnen/Fall Out Boy- I've Been Waiting
4. Ellie Goulding/Diplo/Swae Lee- Close To Me
5. Madison Beer/Offset- Hurts Like Hell

No comments:

Post a Comment