Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Hits 1 Weekend Countdown, Week of November 24, 2018 5 Seconds Of Summer (4)

Another Hits 1 post! Sorry about the next couple posts being so late you know Thanksgiving passed and I hope you had a wonderful time, but I was with family and life is crazy right now so these next few posts will be late. Anyways, this week isn't a good week. A bad #1 and even worse jumps and the worst, drops from good songs. Anyways, we have some dropouts so might as well just go with it.

  • Pitbull & Theron Theron- Free Free Free (#25)
  • Bryce Vine- Drew Barrymore (#38)
  • TiĆ«sto & Dzeko ft. Preme, Post Malone – Jackie Chan (#40)
  • Kim Petras- Heart To Break (#41)
Last Week's #1-Marshmello ft. Bastille– Happier (2nd Week at #1)
#45-Bazzi & Camila Cabello– Beautiful (#45) (=)
#44-George Ezra– Shotgun (#44) (=)
#43-Juice WRLD– Lucid Dreams (#36) (-7)
#42-Shawn Mendes– In My Blood (#42) (=) (2 Weeks At #1)
#41-NF– Lie (+2) (#43)
#40-Taylor Swift– Delicate (#39) (-1) (3 Weeks At #1)
#39-Walk The Moon– Kamikaze (#17) (-22)
#38-NOTD ft. Bea Miller– I Wanna Know (#28) (-10)
#37-Charlie Puth – The Way I Am (#35) (-2)
#36-Panic! At The Disco– Say Amen (Saturday Night) (#37) (+1) (4 Weeks At #1)
#35-Zedd/Maren Morris/Grey– The Middle (#32) (-3) (9 Weeks At #1)
#34-Alec Benjamin– Let Me Down Slowly (DEBUT)
#33-LSD– Thunderclouds (#34) (+1)
#32-Shawn Mendes– Nervous (DEBUT)
#31-Ariana Grande– God Is A Woman (#30) (-1)
#30-Post Malone/Swae Lee– Sunflower (DEBUT)
#29-Imagine Dragons– Whatever It Takes (#33) (+4) (1 Week At #1)
#28-Camila Cabello– Consequences (DEBUT)
#27-Twenty One Pilots– My Blood (#27) (=)
#26-Alex Aiono– Big Mistake (#21) (-5)
#25-Dan + Shay– Tequila (#15) (-10)
#24-Selena Gomez– Back To You (#26) (+2)
#23-Panic! At The Disco– Hey Look Ma, I Made It (#9) (-14)
#22-Calvin Harris & Sam Smith– Promises (#14) (-8)
#21-Lady Gaga & Bradley Cooper– Shallow (#24) (+3)
#20-Loud Luxury & brando– Body (#23) (+3)
#19-Maroon 5 ft. Cardi B– Girls Like You (#29) (+10)
#18-benny blanco ft. Halsey, Khalid– eastside (#20) (+2)
#17-Backstreet Boys– Don't Go Breaking My Heart (#31) (+14)
#16-Silk City & Dua Lipa– Electricity (#16) (=)
#15-The Struts ft. Kesha– Body Talks (#19) (+4)
#14-Ariana Grande– breathin (#22) (+8)
#13-Shawn Mendes ft. Zedd– Lost In Japan (#11) (-2)
#12-lovelytheband– broken (#13) (+1)
#11-The Chainsmokers ft. Emily Warren– Side Effects (#18) (+7)
#10-Anne-Marie– 2002 (#8) (-2)
#9-Khalid & Normani– Love Lies (#4) (-5)
#8-Imagine Dragons– Natural (#5) (-3) (1 Week At #1)
#7-Bebe Rexha– I'm a Mess (#10) (+3)
#6-Fall Out Boy– The Last Of The Real Ones (#7) (+1) (2 Weeks At #1)
#5-The Chainsmokers ft. Kelsea Ballerini– This Feeling (#6) (+1)
#4-Marshmello ft. Bastille– Happier (#1) (-3) (2 Weeks At #1)
#3-Halsey– Without Me (#12) (+9)
#2-Panic! At The Disco– High Hopes (#3) (+1) (7 Weeks At #1)
#1-5 Seconds of Summer– Youngblood (#2) (+1) (4th Week At #1)

#1 Song This Week One Year Ago-Imagine Dragons– Thunder (2nd Week Out 5 Weeks)

Biggest Drop of the Week-Walk The Moon– Kamikaze (–22)

Biggest Jump Of The Week-Backstreet Boys– Don't Go Breaking My Heart (+14)


New Entrants (If there is orange don't mind the orange I dunno what is happening)
~First we'll start off with Let Me Down Slowly. To be honest I could care less about this song. I first thought HE was a she. Searched him up and there is no way that's him singing. He sounds like a kid but I like the music better so...yeah I could care less about this song and what happens. Hopefully it stayed on Hitbound long enough for it to flop here.

~Nervous...This is one of the worst songs from Shawn Mendes that is a fact. I don't like the production. His vocals sound a little scratchy and the music is bland. Hopefully it flops because of that long run on Hitbound.

~Sunflower is up next and again it's whatever as in its just here. It's okay I mean I just don't like it as well as the other green songs. I don't know an exact reason for why my negative opinion on this song, I just don't like it. Vocals are good overall. Production can be a tiny bit better.

~Finally a song that definitely deserves to be on here, we have Consequences. I feel as this a little bit out of Camila's style, but she aced this one really good. The orchestra is just relaxing. I like her vocals and the production is great. The lyrics are deep and meaningful so yeah, it definitely deserved a spot and I hope it gets pushed up.

Hitbound
Ava Max– Sweet But Psycho (DEBUT)
Twenty One Pilots– Chlorine
James Arthur– Empty Space (DEBUT)
Little Mix & Nicki Minaj– Woman Like Me
5 Seconds Of Summer– Killer Queen
Steve Aoki ft. BTS– Waste It On Me
Lauv & Julia Michaels– There's No Way
David Guetta ft. Anne-Marie– Don't Leave Me Alone
Olly Murs ft. Snoop Dogg Moves
Ellie Goulding/Diplo ft. Swae Lee– Close To Me
Ariana Grande– thank u, next
Imagine Dragons- Machine
Zara Larsson– Ruin My Life (DEBUT)
Lauren Jauregui– Expectations

Newcomers
~First we have Sweet But Psycho by an upcoming artist Ava Max. When I first heard this I was like this is BAD. Now, after more listens it's really good. Her vocals are great and I like the music. This song has put a real good first impression on me definitely.

~Next, is Empty Space by James Arthur. I can't say much but what I can say that this is not James Arthur. The trap he attempts doesn't go well with his vocals for a man who can sing pretty high. He sings so low at first you probably won't even know its him. This is not a good song, especially coming from someone very talented and has great potential like James Arthur.

~Last is Ruin My Life by Zara Larsson which has apparently has become big on Spotify. This song is whatever but sometimes I want to just want to listen to some Don't Go Breaking My Heart. That is only sometimes. Her vocals are good and the music is whatever. Soon enough that "I want to ruin my life, to ruin my life,  to ruin my life" will make me turn this blue and eventually pending how long it stays to red.

My Bottom 5 Hitbound Picks
#1 TIE-Machine-Imagine Dragons
#1 TIE-Waste It On Me-Steve Aoki ft. BTS
#3-There's No Way-Lauv & Julia Michaels 
#4-Killer Queen-5 Seconds Of Summer
#5-Empty Space-James Arthur

My Top 5 Hitbound Picks
#1-Sweet But Psycho-Ava Max
#2-Close To Me-Ellie Goulding & Diplo ft. Swae Lee
#3-Woman Like Me-Little Mix & Nicki Minaj
#4-thank u, next-Ariana Grande
#5-Moves-Olly Murs ft. Snoop Dogg

Youngblurbs
~Very surprised Shotgun and Beautiful hung on and Lie moved up.

~Kamikaze took a huge drop out Top 20 to Bottom 10 could possibly be gone next week.

~I Wanna Know and God is a woman dropped out Top 30 which I could care less.

~On the other hand we've got notable jumps from Don't Go Breaking My Heart which is NOT OK, Girls Like You is able to bounce back from last week's big drop which now is starting to grow on me after the break me and this song had, and finally, Without Me...Top 3 close to #1 which is probably what's gonna happen.

~I knew that Hey Look Ma, I Made It wouldn't have lasted in Top 10.

~Yay on Promises and Tequila dropping out of Top 20.

~Surprised that Side Effects is rising back up, but that'll probably change.

~Really...Youngblood leads again I thought Hits 1 would make Happier #1 for another week. I mean, it'll probably claim the spot again soon.

~Overall this week was a let-down. Jumps from crappy songs, drops from decent-good songs, and Youngblood #1 again? Hopefully High Hopes can claim an 8th, at least it'll prevent Without Me and Youngblood from snagging it.

~Almost forgot our dropouts. Jackie Chan just flopped being on here was pointless. Heart To Break had its moment but just randomly left. Free Free Free was unexpected to me from Top 25 to-...oh it's gone well that was a flop to. Finally, Drew Barrymore was just there too. A moral is the longer you are on Hitbound, and if Hits 1 isn't a stan on you or the song, you have a higher percentage of flopping as shown by Jackie Chan and Free Free Free

Top 20 Reveiw
0-Garbage
#20-Don't Go Breaking My Heart-Backstreet Boys
#19-Without Me-Halsey

1-Bad
#18-body-Loud Luxury & brando
#17-Youngblood-5 Seconds Of Summer

2-Blah
#16-I'm A Mess-Bebe Rexha

3-Decent
#15-broken-lovelytheband
#14-The Last Of The Real Ones-Fall Out Boy
#13-Love Lies-Khalid & Normani
#12-Girls Like You-Maroon 5
#11-Happier-Marshmello ft. Bastille
#10-2002-Anne-Marie

4-Good
#9-This Feeling-The Chainsmokers ft. Kelsea Ballerini

5-Great
#8-Body Talks-The Struts ft. Kesha
#7-Electricity-Silk City & Dua Lipa
#6-Side Effects-The Chainsmokers ft. Emily Warren
#5-eastside-benny blanco ft. Halsey, Khalid
#4-breathin'-Ariana Grande
#3-Lost In Japan-Shawn Mendes ft. Zedd
#2-Natural-Imagine Dragons
#1-High Hopes-Panic! At The Disco

Overall Grade: 64/100 (64%) = D- (67%)<----(Last Week Percentage) (-3%)<----(Loss Or Gain)

Throwback Pick Of The Week-Stand By Me-Ben E. King (1961)

Most Missed Countdown Song-Let You Down-NF

Most Missed Hitbound Dropout-If You're Over Me-Years & Years

#1 Recommendation For Hits 1-Say My Name-David Guetta ft. Bebe Rexha, J Balvin

Favorite Song On Countdown One Year Ago-Havana-Camila Cabello-Havana (#4)

Bottom 5 Picks
#1-Don't Go Breaking My Heart-Backstreet Boys
#2-Delicate-Taylor Swift
#3-Tequila-Dan + Shay
#4-Promises-Calvin Harris & Sam Smith
#5-Without Me-Halsey

Top 5 Picks
#1-Big Mistake-Alex Aiono
#2-High Hopes-Panic! At The Disco
#3-Shotgun-George Ezra
#4-Natural-Imagine Dragons
#5-Lost In Japan-Shawn Mendes ft. Zedd


1 comment: