Sunday, November 18, 2018

My Top 20, Week Of November 17, 2018 Ellie Goulding, Diplo, Swae Lee (2)

 
Hey guys. So I didn't post anything else since Wednesday which was when my first blogs were. I'm planning to do this week's Hits 1 and next week's Billboard (maybe even this past week). Anyways, this countdown was set to have 7 debuts but it was narrowed only down to 4. So, to know these debuts we first must know the dropouts.
Dropouts:
Rite Now-Miles Ali (#8)
The Way I Am-Charlie Puth (#15)
2002-Anne-Marie (#17)
Better Now-Post Malone (#20)

#20-Too Much To Ask-Niall Horan (#19) (-1)
#19-Slow Hands-Niall Horan (#11) (-8) (1 week at #1)
#18-Faded-Alan Walker (#12) (-6)
#17-High Hopes-PATD! (#16) (-1)
#16-Lost In Japan (Remix)-Shawn Mendes ft. Zedd (#6) (-10)
#15-Spectre-Alan Walker (#13) (-2)
#14-Too Much To Ask (TRU Concept Remix)-Niall Horan ft. TRU Concept (#7) (-7) (1 week at #1)
#13-The Greatest Show-PATD! (#4) (-9) (1 week at #1)
#12-Diamond Heart-Alan Walker ft. Sophia Somajo (DEBUT)
#11-Shotgun-George Ezra (#14) (+3) (2 weeks at #1)
#10-Say My Name-David Guetta ft. Bebe Rexha, J Balvin (DEBUT)
#9-Moonlight-XXXTentacion (#9) (=)
#8-Alone-Alan Walker (#10) (+2) (2 weeks at #1)
#7-Darkside-Alan Walker ft. Au/Ra, Tomine Harket (#5) (-2) ( 2 weeks at #1)
#6-Waiting For Love-Avicii ft. Martin Garrix, Simon Aldred (#18) (+12)
#5-The Other Side-MAX, Ty Dolla $ign (DEBUT)
#4-Big Mistake-Alex Aiono (#2) (-2)
#3-Rumors-R3HAB ft. Sofia Carson (DEBUT)
#2-All Falls Down-Alan Walker ft. Noah Cyrus, Digital Farm Animals, Juliander (#3) (+1)
#1-Close To Me-Ellie Goulding ft. Diplo, Swae Lee (2nd week at #1) (#1) (=)

New Entrants (after seeing this on my Hits 1 friends' blogs I decided to do this for my Top 20. Also, next week I might change this format to the Hits 1 format my friends do.)
~First up is Diamond Heart by Alan Walker in which you may be getting tired of and Sophia Somajo who I've never heard of until this song was released. This song wasn't really one I favored in at first and didn't really like it. It was a medium-fast not like Sing Me To Sleep nor Spectre in which are way different in tempo. After coming back to it, I realized (like I did with Faded, Slow Hands, and The Way) that it had more value. Sophia's voice is a decent-good. Can't say much, Alan is doing his magic so yeah, that's why it's the lowest debut.

~Next is Say My Name by David Guetta, Bebe Rexha, and J Balvin. I learned that this song was supposed to have Demi Lovato instead of Bebe, but you know Demi's whole story so yeah. Guetta gives off that tropical vibe, Bebe's voice is a decent-good, Balvin...I dunno good Spanish?? Anyways.

~Our next song is from two artists who impressed me critically. These are MAX who I remember from that trashy single known as Lights Down Low, and Ty Dolla $ign who I never cared about his music. When I heard this I had no words especially for Ty Dolla $ign's part with what would be the chorus damn that part stands out. MAX is really good too, both displayed their full potential in the music industry. This is a standout from that remake of the "The Greatest Showman's" album.

~Finally, we have Rumors by R3HAB and Sofia Carson who I only know from Disney channel and those irritating Descendants movies in which the people in my house won't stop watching.
R3HAB is good with his part. Sofia's part is good, tbh, I don't know why it's above The Other Side. It's probably because I heard The Other Side last minute so I put where it is. Oh btw, thanks to Jack Farrell for this song because he is doing a rankdown and this is how I got into this song.

Diamond Blurbs
~Too Much To Ask is in orange because of it being in #20 but my preference would change from blue to green

~Slow Hands took quite a tumble might not stick around for a while

~Tbh with you guys High Hopes was set up to be a dropout as was Slow Hands and Too Much To Ask. However, as I went through the songs one last time before my final decisions, I felt as if they should stay. Also, High Hopes was supposed to be blue because I heard of so much it started to become annoying, but then there was a little break and it was back up to green. This is probably because it's number 3 on radio.

~Lost In Japan took a big drop due to negligence. Also, it may be starting to grow out of me which would be quick for a song debuted 2 weeks ago.

~Too Much To Ask's remix and The Greatest Show took quite a tumble as well, not a good week for Niall or PATD!.

~I thought songs Shotgun and Alone were going to drop instead of going up.

~I recently learned that Martin Garrix and Simon Aldred were also part of the song Waiting For Love, with Garrix helping Avicii with the music, and Simon on the vocals.

~Close To Me is able to hang on for a second at #1 which is rare at this point as literally every song after Shotgun has only hung on for one week at #1.

~As far as exits, oh look, I'm doing this too, Anyways, Rite Now I feel had no reason on this list. 2002 and The Way I Am just left as it was their time to leave. Better Now I knew it wasn't going anywhere. This song is probably my most favored of Malone, and it just hung out in the bottom for a majority of the time. Guess I'm not a big fan of Malone.

Possibilities
Lost In Japan-Shawn Mendes
Natural-Imagine Dragons
Arms Around You-XXXTentacion, Lil Pump ft. Swae Lee, Maluma (if I had to)
Consequences (orchestra)-Camila Cabello (DEBUT)
thank u, next-Ariana Grande (DEBUT)
If You're Over Me (NOTD Remix)-Years & Years ft. NOTD (DEBUT) (Thanks Jack) :)

Statistics

Most Type of Song-EDM (12)-Close To Me, All Falls Down, Rumors, Waiting For Love, Darkside, Alone, Say My Name, Diamond Heart, Too Much To Ask (Remix), Spectre, Lost In Japan (Remix), Faded

Artist of The Week-Ty Dolla $ign-Really displayed his sort of non-rap voice. Realized he has some melody within him. Great collaboration with MAX.

Most Songs by Artist-Alan Walker (6)-All Falls Down, Darkside, Alone, Diamond Heart, Spectre, Faded

Biggest Jump-Waiting For Love-Avicii ft. Martin Garrix, Simon Aldred (+12)

Biggest Drop-Lost In Japan (Remix)-Shawn Mendes ft. Zedd (-10)

No comments:

Post a Comment